About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Company Signboard Discussion

myfs_95575

Hi,

I have been wondering about what is the best practice in geomancy to put your company signboard?

1) Hanging Signboards, I have seen many hanging signboards that are chain from the ceiling or protruding out from the top of the maindoor, artistically it looks good.However it makes me wonder that if the signboard signifies the company, and signboard without support from the back, does that mean that the company has no support, which means bad?

2) Wavy Signboards, I have seen some signboards place on wavy walls, i totally don't understand why. However, is this kind of placement good? or does it just represent water element cause of the wavy wall?

3) Normal Signboard on Solid Wall, this is the most common and i suppose it is the best as it has support from the wall.

Please comment on each of this Signboard locations as there isn't many geomancy books on them.

Thanks, Lionel Mr. Green

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Lionel,

Part I - On Company Signages

1. Ideally, measure is also important for a signage.

Thus a signage should both have Yin and Yang elements. Thus for example:

If the length of the signage is 'odd numbers' than the breath of the signage should be 'even numbers".

For example: Length is 89 cm while Breath is 40 cm or Length is 17 inches while breath is 12 inches etc...

2. Colors of a signage

A signage should have three colors. As three stands for progress while two colors for a signage stands for "death".

In Feng Shui also, some Masters will first determine the direction of the main entrance and recommend suitable color of signage to suit that sector.

3. Height of a signage in relation to a specific location

In Feng Shui also, the height of a signage is also related to the direction of the main entrance area.

Part II - Hanging Signages

Please see my comments, below:-

On 3/24/2005 9:27:12 PM, Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

I have been wondering about

what is the best practice in

geomancy to put your company

signboard?

1) Hanging Signboards, I have

seen many hanging signboards

that are chain from the

ceiling or protruding out from

the top of the maindoor,

artistically it looks

good.However it

makes me wonder that if the

signboard signifies the

company, and signboard without

support from the back, does

that mean that the company has

no support, which means bad?

Yes, most traditional companies that has an elaborate carved signage would not hang it in this "modern" way.

In fact, traditional companies will place their signage above their main entrance door. And they will also use two "qi ling" figurines on each side of the bottom of the signage to hold the signage "in place".

2) Wavy Signboards, I have

seen some signboards place on

wavy walls, i totally don't

understand why. However,

is this kind of placement

good? or does it just

represent water element cause

of the wavy wall?

Perhaps, you can elaborate more on this. As from my opinion, often, usually these signages are placed by bars or discos or ktv lounges using neon lights. Since neon lights can easily be bend to accomodate such a "wavy" form. In fact, "kopitams" or food courts often have such a sign at their main entrance.

Thus, many of the shops displaying them (wavy) signs often sell drinks in one form or other or provide music.

3) Normal Signboard on Solid

Wall, this is the most common

and i suppose it is the best

as it has support from the

wall.

This is the most conservative and often hung above the main entrance, as mentioned earlier underPart I.

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net