About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Sitting direction or facing direction

Dear Master,

My kua is number 3, meaning I belongs to the East group people. My house have the main door facing the SE. One book on 8 houses theory stated that the house kua will be determined by the main door facing, i.e. in this case this house belongs to East group house. So I am suitatble to the house

But at the same time, another book stated that the sitting of the house will determine the kua of the house, i.e. NW and therefore the house belongs to the West Group house. So I am not suitatble to the house

Would you advise which one is correct and why

Thanks a lot

Hung

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Hung,

Le Viet Hung wrote:
My kua is number 3, meaning I belongs to the East group people. My house have the main door facing the SE. One book on 8 houses theory stated that the house kua will be determined by the main door facing, i.e. in this case this house belongs to East group house. So I am suitatble to the house

Le Viet Hung wrote:
But at the same time, another book stated that the sitting of the house will determine the kua of the house, i.e. NW and therefore the house belongs to the West Group house. So I am not suitatble to the house

Frankly, this will really depend on the how you define the facing or sitting direction. Which I must say can be confusing if you get it wrong.

As far as our website and all our tools are concerned, Facing direction is related to the center of the compass looking outwards. Meaning that if you say face west. It means that you are standing at the center (East) looking towards West. Or if you take a normal compass your compass should be pointing West from where you stand.

So when we say West (metal) is favourable for you means that if the house faces West it will be good for you. Reason for taking this is because West is where the Qi flow will be blowing from and as such where most of the Qi will be coming from. So when you face west, Good Qi is coming from the West into your home.

So that is how we determine the facing direction. I am aware that there are some sites which states that you should be be sitting on the good side and face the opposite site. However, as we are talking about how Qi flow enters into the house, this would mean that you sit on your favourable site, it will be the Bad Qi that will be entering into your Home.

You see when you talk about facing West your house main door/frontage faces West. As such when Qi flow comes in it comes flowing in from the West towards East. Since West is where the good Qi is from, don't you want these good Qi to be blowing into your home? If you take the other concept where you should sit in your good sector meaning that if West is good, you must sit West and your main door/frontage faces East. Since East isn't favourable for your, Qi flow in from East which is inauspicious, it will be like inviting bad qi into your home.

So as far we, our website and tools are concern, when we talk about Facing West, we literally mean your facing direction should face West, this allows good/favourable Qi to flow into the house from the West side.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center Applied Feng Shui Research

• 4 months later...

Hi ,

May i know how true the following statement ?

If you wish to measure a facing direction of a door, stand on the inside looking outwards using your compass.

Door Facing

Do not be confused between ?location? of the door and the ?direction? of the door. These are actually very different aspects.

For example:
A door can be located in North and face West.

Door Facing Sample 1

Or a door can be located at the North and faces North.

Door Facing Sample 2

Here is a door located in the South East sector, facing South.

Door Facing Sample 3

Here is a door that is located at the West, facing South.

Door Facing Sample 4

So, you can have a door in the South sector of your home but have it facing Southeast.

Thanks!

• Staff

Dear Anon,

Since a house may have different facing direction (be it main door or living room/balcony). It really depends firstly on what you are assessing.

ie. Assesment of interior of the feng shui can be taken from the centerpoint of the house to the main door. This way is good because the facing and sector of the main door will be same. However, this assesment is limited to assesing the feng shui only within the 4 walls of the house.

ie. Assessment of the main door facing direction (ie standing at the main door looking out.) This is the for apartment level 2-7th level. This is where the main door may be facing North, but can be located in a different sector of the house.

ie. Assessment of living room/balcony direction (ie standing at your living room looking out). This is for apartment level 8th level and u. This is where the facing of the house is taken from where most light enter into the house. Or where there is consdered virtual water at the frontage due to the height and unobstructed view. This is again, where the facing may be facing North, but the location of main door/frontageof the can be in a different sector of the house.

ie. Assessment of the landed property or building (ie. the facing of the house is based on the direction of the building). This is where the facing may be North, but the location of the main door/frontage may be at a different sector of the house.

So essentially, they are all correct. In terms of feng shui, what is most important is for the suitability assesment of breadwinner. Where the main door/frontage is suitable.For finding rooms or assessing the feng shui of the flying star, is based on the location of each sector.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research