About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Wedding and Registration

myfs_113442

Dear Master Lee,

As I am planning to get married early next year, I have heard many feedbacks on which date to choose. My mother has heard from a friend that it's not auspicious to pick an odd numbered month (ie: 1,3,5). Is this true? She also added that I should not pick a date this year for next year's wedding as it will "carrying foward" (chak lien in cantonese). Is this true as well? As next year's calendar is opening only next month..would I also need to select a date for registration as I heard some say that it is not nessecary and as it is not included in the list of dates, like whento fix cupboard or to send gifts. Please advice. Thanks.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,

Anonymous wrote:
As I am planning to get married early next year, I have heard many feedbacks on which date to choose. My mother has heard from a friend that it's not auspicious to pick an odd numbered month (ie: 1,3,5). Is this true? She also added that I should not pick a date this year for next year's wedding as it will "carrying foward" (chak lien in cantonese). Is this true as well? .

Frankly, just like auspicious numbers, there are a couple of ways of going about looking for a date. Most people for example just use the Tong Shu to determine which is the auspiciosu date generally suitable for everyone.

For us, we try to choose a date that is good in as many areas:-

1. A date should be good in the tung shu especially for day and year should not clash.

2. A date should also be suitable to both the Bride & Groom in terms of the ba zi with as minimium clash/harm as possible.

3. Dates if possible should not clash with the bride and groom animal signs. Most of the time if a clash occurs, then you may not be able to find the best most auspicious dates in that year compared to another one.

If you chose based on these, you will less likely to get wrong, as dates favourable to your individual luck will be most suitable for your individual luck as well as if the date does not clash it is generally suitable to most people as well. So you get the best of the two worlds.

These kind of analysis is better than saying certain days isn't good or bad. In terms of auspicious dates, there is also general saying that 1st and 15th of lunar calendar are generally most auspicious etc. So there are many many such issues. It is really up to you to determine which way is acceptable for you.

Anonymous wrote:
As next year's calendar is opening only next month..would I also need to select a date for registration as I heard some say that it is not nessecary and as it is not included in the list of dates, like whento fix cupboard or to send gifts. Please advice. Thanks.

Selection of dates for registration is optional. With the many wedding dates I have done, most people normally do not bother about the registration dates. However, since I provided a list of dates for the date range (for example betweenJun 2006-Feb 2007), they are still free to choose a better date for the registration if they wish to. Or when to best send the gifts or an chuan etc. Some users do request for this.But since a range of dates are given to users, they are quite free to select the dates which best fit them.

However, ultimately, it is the customary wedding date that is most important. But again all depends on individual, some people are so traditional that even the sending the bridal gift also need to select the best dates etc, others only bother about the actual wedding dates.

So really a lot is up to the individual and family.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research

• Staff

Dear Louise,

Louise Ngan wrote:
Thanks for your reply. In regards to what you have already said, does this mean that it's okay to pick a wedding date this year for next year (in accordance to the chinese calendar)?

As far as I am concerned, there isn't any issue to pick a date this year for next or the following year. This is really up to the individual, some people might not want to pick, because the tung shu isn't out so unable to pick. Others, simply want to pick a date only in that year.

However, if you pick the date too late, you may end up not finding venues (ie hotel etc) for your event as they may be fully booked.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Master Lee,

From what you have said

Robert Lee wrote:
As far as I am concerned, there isn't any issue to pick a date this year for next or the following year. This is really up to the individual, some people might not want to pick, because the tung shu isn't out so unable to pick. Others, simply want to pick a date only in that year.

Why do some people only want to pick on that year? Any particular reasons aside from the tung shu? When will the tung shu for next year be out? Can I then refer to you an a suitable date once it is out?

Sorry..I would also like to ask as I have just visited lovesigns.net and I have found that my fiance and I are a difficult match. I just want to know how accurate it is and if there are ways to overcome it..I was born in 1982 (Dog) and my fiance was born in 1981 (Rooster).

• Staff

Dear Anon,

Anonymous wrote:
Why do some people only want to pick on that year? Any particular reasons aside from the tung shu? When will the tung shu for next year be out? Can I then refer to you an a suitable date once it is out?

As far as I am aware, this is the most common reason:-

Tung Shu for next year is only available once a year usually in the 3rd/4th quarter of the year. As such, to look for dates beyond the tung shu, you need to wait until the next year book is available.

Whereas we do not depend on availability of the Tung Shu to be out in order to select dates. We have our own system to compute the auspicious dates even for 10 years down the road. So we do not need to wait till the last minute to help people select a good date. Often I noticed most user telling me that sometimes just getting a date a year ahead already have difficulties booking reservations for popular hotels. Thus, most people want to be able to plan early to get the best date selection for their important event.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee

• Staff

Dear Anon,

Anonymous wrote:
Sorry..I would also like to ask as I have just visited lovesigns.net and I have found that my fiance and I are a difficult match. I just want to know how accurate it is and if there are ways to overcome it..I was born in 1982 (Dog) and my fiance was born in 1981 (Rooster).

Horoscopes usually only based on year of birth so most of the analysis you can say is more general. Usually people look at horoscope more just for fun than real accuracy.

However, under the ba zi even for say Dog and Rooster, there can be different types of element of Dog, say weak water Dog, Strong Fire Dog etc. There can also be different kinds of rooster ie weak metal Rooster, strong Earth Rooster.

So the different element sign ie weak water dog and weak fire rooster, will not be as good as weak water good and strong Metal rooster. This is because the element sign will define what kind of dog and rooster you belong to. And thus, you can further be more accurate in determining compatibility.

Often, you can use element to harmonise the two person ie a weak water dog and Strong Metal Rooster, can be improved by having Water element which helps to improve luck for both persons. So if elements are compatible, than even if the animal signs aren't that favourable, it isn't that bad.

The worst compatibility is where element clash and yearly horoscope clash. That means very incompatible.

One thing you should also note from this is. Ultimately, a relationship takes two person to make it work. No matter what horoscope or ba zi incompatibility exists, but if the two are not willing to give and take each other's weakness, then no matter what you do these two will never get along. Whereas, if two person truly love and give and take, no matter how incompatible the analysis maybe, the relationship may still workout.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Master Lee,

Based on what you have said, could I please know which dog am I as well as which rooster my fiance is? (water, fire, etc) and suggestions if they are incompatible in any sense.

As for selecting the date for a wedding, you mentioned that you have a system to compute auspicious dates without using the tung shu. May I know how much you would charge for such services?

Thank you

• Staff

Dear Anon,

Anonymous wrote:
Based on what you have said, could I please know which dog am I as well as which rooster my fiance is? (water, fire, etc) and suggestions if they are incompatible in any sense.

Just use this free ba zi analysis and enter your date of birth to check out what element you and your fiance is.

URL: http://www.geomancy.net/reports/free-report/freerpt-element.htm

You should be able to check out what element both of you are and look for a common element that favours both person. That is usually the binding element that helps to smooth out relationships.

Anonymous wrote:
As for selecting the date for a wedding, you mentioned that you have a system to compute auspicious dates without using the tung shu. May I know how much you would charge for such services?

This will be our Wedding Date Analysis service. As we avoid trying to promote or sell services in our forum advise. Please view the link for more details about the service.

http://www.geomancy.net/products/po-dates/po-dates.htm

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee