About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Mirrors in Bedroom draining chi?

rotonja1

My bedroom in the apartment I am about to move into has mirrored closet doors all along the South wall. No matter where I place my bed, I will be reflected in the mirrors in my sleep, which I've read will drain my chi. How can I counteract this?

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Tonja,
Based on the many cases we have found:
1. Some people are `ok' with having mirrors even in the bedroom i.e. they can sleep comfortably.
In such cases and if one do not want to do anything, this is generally acceptable.
2. For others, they may have problems with their sleep or want to avoid having mirrored closets, I have offered a few suggestions in this forum.
Some of the suggestions are:
1. You can place posters (stick) them on the closet doors.
Usually, this is a `temporary' solution as you may need to replace either the posters or if the stickers drop or sag, you need to `renew' the posters.
2. You can purchase an opaque film or ask a contractor to place such film on the closet door.
There are D.I.Y (do it yourself) version where you simply purchase the film, follow the instructions e.g. spray a layer of soap on the film and stick it on the mirror. Then firmly `roll' it on to the glass and squeeze out the soap.
Which ever method you use is fine.
The reason for not having glass is two-fold:
1. The majority FS practioners `agree' that when we sleep, our `spirit' tends to wonder out of our body and it may get a `shock'.
2. Alternatively, mirrors (ordinary) mirrors are Yin and the mirrors create a too Yin environment.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 8/26/99 3:05:02 AM, Anonymous wrote:
My bedroom in the apartment I
am about to move into has
mirrored closet doors all
along the South wall. No
matter where I place my bed, I
will be reflected in the
mirrors in my sleep, which
I've read will drain my chi.
How can I counteract this?