About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Placing of bed in bedroom

Harriet Voelcker

My direction according to the 8 Houses method is NW. I moved into my house about 8 months ago which is L-shaped and faces West with the main entrance in the South-West corner. The main bedroom is at the front of the house with windows all along the West wall, a fireplace and built in cupboards along the North wall and the door in the South-East corner of the East wall. Originally the bed had its head on the East wall but recently I moved it to have its head against the South wall to make more room. Things haven't been right ever since. Where should I put my bed?
Thank you for your time.
Harriet

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Harriet,
Initially, you can use the Eight House Template to "map out" your rooms to check which sectors are auspicious or inauspicious.
You can either use the web based html format at http://www.geomancy.net/fs/house1.htm or Sign up for a free account at www.geomancy-online.com to create your Eight House Template.
You can then check whether there is any inauspicious influences on the sector of the room.
The Eight House can only check for the above and this is where it ends. This is because the Eight House Theory of auspicious or inauspicious influences does not take into consideration the Five Elements concept.
Serious investigative work would include using the Flying Star Charts to check on whether the location has inauspicious Stars especially No. 2 and 5 (sickness and misfortune). This is based on the Five elements concept and used to analyse and fine tune the home if it does occur at locations like the bedroom, main door etc...
For now, it is good for you to do a Eight House Chart to look at the `surface'.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 8/27/99 6:46:31 PM, Anonymous wrote:
My direction according to the
8 Houses method is NW. I moved
into my house about 8 months
ago which is L-shaped and
faces West with the main
entrance in the South-West
corner. The main bedroom is at
the front of the house with
windows all along the West