About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

House Period & Facing Direction

Hi!

I am purchasing a conversion condo (an apartment in a building that was built in 1974) but that are doing a full renovation inside (wall painting, new appliances, new kitchen and bathroom furniture, new floor) the apartments to be sold as a condo. Should I take 1974 as house age or should I start from the date of the renovation (2005-2006)? The condo (it's a two stories (2nd-3rd floor) apartment) main door facesEast (90 degrees), but from the center of the apartment the door is facing South East (115 degress). It also has a small balcony facing North (or North East (from the center). Which one should I considered as the main facing direction?

115 degree in a Western compass is South East or North West house? I am a little confused with the 'Survey Your Home" Report

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Andrew,

Andrew Leon wrote:
I am purchasing a conversion condo (an apartment in a building that was built in 1974) but that are doing a full renovation inside (wall painting, new appliances, new kitchen and bathroom furniture, new floor) the apartments to be sold as a condo. Should I take 1974 as house age or should I start from the date of the renovation (2005-2006)?

Since there will be quite a lot of renovation work, you should take the start of the renovation (ie period 8 2004-2023) as the new birth chart of the house.

Andrew Leon wrote:
The condo (it's a two stories (2nd-3rd floor) apartment) main door facesEast (90 degrees), but from the center of the apartment the door is facing South East (115 degress). It also has a small balcony facing North (or North East (from the center). Which one should I considered as the main facing direction?

Since it between 2nd-7th level, it is best you take the facing of the house from your main door ie standing inside your house looking outwards. (Provided the door isn't in any odd position). Without seeing the diagram, it can bedifficult for me to confirm, but your facing be taken from your main door ie 90 degree.

If you want to confirm, just attach your layout plan with the North direction marking, and I can advise you better which isthe true house facing.

Andrew Leon wrote:
115 degree in a Western compass is South East or North West house? I am a little confused with the 'Survey Your Home" Report

If you are using a western compass, then the direction of the degree will be the direction of the house. You can create a flying star profile with the degree that you got from your compass reading. 115 Degree falls between 112.5 to 127.4 degree under the 120 SE1. So considered a South-East facing house.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research