About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Favourable elements

Edited by Robert: Sorry, may too busy this period to have time time to comment on this. If you did some search on the forum, you should be able to know how we fundamentally analyse a ba zi.

Dear Robert Lee,

I had read a famous Bazi master's book who used to analyse and publish Bazi reports on famous people in the world.

I noticed that he used the following formulae :

1. If the DM is a strong Yang element e.g Yang Earth, the favourable element is Wood and Metal.

2. If the DM is a weak Yang element e.g Yang Earth, the favourable element is Wood and Fire.

3. If the DM is a strong Yin element e.g Yin Earth, the favourable element is Wood and Fire.

4. If the DM is a weak Yin element e.g Yin Earth, the favourable element is Fireand Earth.

Below is the actual strengthof 5 elements of a Male strong Yin Earth DM (Ji) :

Fire 12%

Earth 37%

Metal 40%

Water -9% (Minus)

Wood20%

Base on the above formula and composition of 5 elements, I will concluded that the favourable elements for this strong Yin Earth DM are Water, Wood and Fire elements respectively. Metal is not his favourable element eventhough he is a strong Earth DM.

What is your comments on the above formulae ?

Is my assumption on favourable element in the above example is correct or wrong ?

Please check and enlighten me since I am new to Bazi and keen to learn and improve my Bazi knowledge.

Thank you.

Best regards always,

David

• 2 months later...
Sponsored Link

Dear David,

Just like to share with you that when we determine the favourable and unfavourable elements, we have to look into the whole chart. There is no shortcut or formulas whatsoever. What we want to look for is a well balance chart that is not based on quantity. It's the quality of the elements we are looking for. When a chart is weak or strong, we need to know what are the cause of the weakness/strenght. Also, we need to consider the 'temperature' of the chart before we can conclude the favourable elements.

While looking at a full chart, we have to find out any combos, clashes or destructions that may make a strong DM become weak.

Therefore, unless a full chart is given, we cannot proceed with the reading of a bazi.

Glad to share.