About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Different in interpretion of ba zi report

Dear Mr Robert Lee,

Thank you for allowing us to generate free report from yr soft ware.As per my understanding we can base this as a guildline.

Recently I hv visited one of the free website which I hv also generate a report for comparision.

I found that the Hs and the Es and the major cycle chart is the same. But the interpretion is different.

From geomancy.net, my favourable element is metal/water.I should avoid Earth and wood.

But the other website interpretion is, wood is the least element I hv. In order to balance, my most favourable is wood.

So, if that is true, then if I used more metal/water as adv from geomancy.net software, then my wood element wl further bedepleted.

Based on yr experience, kindly comments.

thanks and regards.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Choon Seng,

teo choon seng wrote:
From geomancy.net, my favourable element is metal/water.I should avoid Earth and wood.

teo choon seng wrote:
But the other website interpretion is, wood is the least element I hv. In order to balance, my most favourable is wood.

teo choon seng wrote:
So, if that is true, then if I used more metal/water as adv from geomancy.net software, then my wood element wl further bedepleted.

Based on what you mentioned, then you should be a weak water person. A weak water in general will need more Metal and Water to make it stronger, while Wood will exhaust the water and Earth will destroy the water so weakening it.

This is how the cycle will normally work when you relate it to like if I am weak water, these and these element is favourable. Just like if I say a person is Wood, then water and wood in general is favourable.

You cannot run away from this fundamental foundation. However, what you probably don't know or may not be aware is that, there is a balance of element which is available (in paid report), to fine tune your report based on the percentage of the elements in your chart.

ie. say 30% Metal, 10% Water, 5% Wood.

Thiswill ultimatelymeanthat among your favourable element, 30% Metal and 10% Water,you will prefer more Water than Metal. Then though Wood is your unfavourable element, you might still benefit from some (but not too much as Wood in general still weaken your weak water element).

However, we do not solely based on this initialbalance of element to assume that you will need Wood as your most favourate element. The reason is becausefor a weak Water, irregardless of whether you have moremetal or water, bothelements will in general make you stronger. Wood and Earth will weaken you in general so too much isn't good.A right proprotion is necessary to achieve perfect harmony.

This isquite difficult to achieve in reality as:-

1.Asit is not possible to know what elementyou actually have from your surrounding element. You can only determine this from your intial ba zi chart, as well as from the different luck period.

2. The balance wil change from luck period to luck period. So what may seem to beleastamount you have at yourtime of birthmay not be the case as you enter different luck period and yourbalance will changebased on the luck period's influence.

This is why, our website still bases on thefundamental that if you are a weak water, your favourable element will still be Metal and Water. You can then based on the balance of the fiveelement (at yourinitial time of birth) as well as the different luck period to further fine tune how muchofeach element you actually need.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research

Dear Mr Robert Lee,

Thank you for yr adv.

1. U are absolutely right as I am a weak water person.

2. Can I assume that the website fundamental is based on the (initial time of birth).

3. Whereas balance will change from luck to luck period; for eg, 10-year major cycles from age 42-51. I am now 45 yrs old. So if I generate a paid report, the percentage analysisof the 5 elements will base on the fundamental or the major 10yrs cycle. It if is a 10yrs cycle, then I can use the report until I turn 52 years old as the luck period change.

thanks and rgds.

• Staff

Dear Teo Choon Seng,

teo choon seng wrote:
2. Can I assume that the website fundamental is based on the (initial time of birth).

We will first determine the ba zi (considering all the pillars) to determine if it is weak or strong element first. This gives the basic foundation ie weak water, metal/water favourable, while wood/earth unfavourable & fire is wealth unfavourable.

Then we base on the balance of the five element at the initial time of birth to help you fune tune which elements you might benefit more from ie

ie. metal 10%, water 20%, wood 35%, fire 5%, earth 30%

Then it will mean that you need more Metal, than Water as your favourable element. While, you should avoid Wood and Earth more than fire. Some Fire is good for you but you will still need Metal first to make you stronger.

This will serve as your basic elements that you will need in your life.

teo choon seng wrote:
3. Whereas balance will change from luck to luck period; for eg, 10-year major cycles from age 42-51. I am now 45 yrs old. So if I generate a paid report, the percentage analysisof the 5 elements will base on the fundamental or the major 10yrs cycle. It if is a 10yrs cycle, then I can use the report until I turn 52 years old as the luck period change.

For this portion, as your luck changes in each luck period, so will the actual five element percentage. So this allows you to know within that period whether do you still need more Metal, or maybe because that period has lots more Metal influence, you might benefit more from like Water.

ie. 25% Metal, 10% Water, 15% Wood, 35% Fire, 15% Earth

So when you started off you lack lots of Metal, but because of this period's influence, your Metal is now sufficient. So what you need more for this 10-year period would be Water. As for unfavourable element, Fire should be avoided, whereas, some Wood or Earth is acceptable provided you first have sufficient Water.

The goal is to bring all your elements to be 20% for each element. Which is what we call a perfect balance. But in reality this is not easy to calculate from exactly how much percentage will come from your home, the colour you wear or the people around you. So you always must first enhance your favourable elements (ie Metal/Water). Only difference when you consider the balance of element is to know which elements will benefit you more.

The initial chart gives you the fundamental elements you generally lack. Whereas the 10-yearly chart shows you the additional influence of the 10-year period that will alter the percentage slightly. This 10-year fine-tuning is applicable for that 10-year luck only.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research