About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Popular Chinese Decorative Figurines: Fu Lu Shou

Cecil Lee

• Staff

Enclosed please find the pictures of three very popular Chinese decorative figurines found in many Chinese homes and even placed in coffee shops run by many Chinese:
1, Fu - Prosperity

2. Lu - Luck
(Apologies, Lu usually has two side jade `fans' on his hat. I took the picture without it as I am afraid of `breaking' it.)

3. Shou - Longevity

These figurines as shown above symbolises Prosperity, Luck and Longevity.

Shou - Longevity is holding a peach. Here a peach signifies longevity for the Chinese.

During birthday celebrations for the elderly, peach bread or bread shaped to look like a peach is often eaten during the birthday occassion.

Note: This is not Feng Shui. I do mention that such figurines should not be placed in the bedroom. The reason is because it is considered `disrespectful' to these Chinese Gods as bedrooms are considered `dirty' locations i.e. a place of intimacy. It is the belief that Gods should not allowed to look at such `acts'. It is considered "demeaning" to them.

Even if you stay alone in the room as one may sometimes change our clothings in the privacy of our rooms. It is again considered disrespectful to these Gods to look at "such things".

Furthermore, do not place these figurines:

1. They must not be placed facing a toilet door.

2. Share the same wall as a toilet.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• 10 years later...
Sponsored Link

• 7 years later...