About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Strong Water and Steel Buy & Sell business?

my husband is strong water and his family is into buy & sell of steel. is this ok or very bad? his dad is starting to transfer the business to my husband and if this kind is not compatible with his element. Is there something we can do since this is only our means of living?

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Marilyn,

marilyn o wrote:
my husband is strong water and his family is into buy & sell of steel. is this ok or very bad? his dad is starting to transfer the business to my husband and if this kind is not compatible with his element. Is there something we can do since this is only our means of living?

As a Strong Water, this means that in general your husband must already have either too much water or too much metal. So ideally buying and selling of steel (Metal element industry), won't be too beneficial for him.

The only way to help balance his excess Strong water, is to have more Wood, Fire. ie staying in a Wood (East/South-east) or Fire (South)house. Or to have a job scope focusing on Wood (Distribution/Growth/Technology/Transport) or Fire (Sales/Marketing). More details can be found in this link:-

URL: http://talk.geomancy.net

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research

Robert Lee wrote:
As a Strong Water, this means that in general your husband must already have either too much water or too much metal. So ideally buying and selling of steel (Metal element industry), won't be too beneficial for him.

but does that mean we wont handle it well? because we have no choice but to inherit the business. Im a weak water, will it help if i also work in their family business?

Robert Lee wrote:
The only way to help balance his excess Strong water, is to have more Wood, Fire. ie staying in a Wood (East/South-east) or Fire (South)house. Or to have a job scope focusing on Wood (Distribution/Growth/Technology/Transport) or Fire (Sales/Marketing).

if Fire is good for him, its weird he had try opening up a small restaurant before but it closed because it didnt work out.

• Staff

Dear Marilyn,

marilyn o wrote:
but does that mean we wont handle it well? because we have no choice but to inherit the business. Im a weak water, will it help if i also work in their family business?

I won't really know exactly until a detailed ba zi is done for your husband.

I mean I am basing my advise on information you are provided. ie your husband is a Strong Water. Which means that Favourable elements are Wood, Fire, Earth. While unfavourable elements are Metal and Water.

So if based on the above, yes it is not likely that he will benefit from this kind of business. However, there are other factors that will need be considered to be able to know for sure.

For example, what is the exact percentage of the elements in your husband chart? ie is the Strong water due to a higher percentage of water or metal. I mean if your husband chart is such that there is maybe 5% water and 40% Metal, then I can say for sure that Metal career won't do him much good.

marilyn o wrote:
if Fire is good for him, its weird he had try opening up a small restaurant before but it closed because it didnt work out.

There are a lot of factors in determining success of a business:-

1. Some people are just not businessman type material, that means heis better working for others rather than starting his own business.

2. Secondly, opening restaurant is more Earth (Food industry) rather thanFire element. Like I earlier mentioned, I have no idea what is the percentage of your Metal element in your husband chart. If it is too much, then earth may not be the most ideal element for him. So far the most suitable for him should be Wood simply because Wood exhaust Water. But again, it depends on the percentage of teh five element breakdown.

3. Location, Location & Location is often the most important factor for the a success of a shop/business. If the location is bad, then it is hard for people to come even if the food is good.

The rest depends on your food, pricing and target market.ie you have nice food, but you target the wrong group of people etc=high failure.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research