About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Confuse over Facing Direction of whole Building

myfs_116710

Dear FS Master,

Having browse through your information over the facing direction of a apartment block especially HDB unit, I have a query or rather confusion over this area.Some FS Mastermentionedfacing direction of a apartment should be the facing direction of the whole building regardless which floor you are staying. While some say 10th floor and above should take the facing from the living room/balcony looking outwards. I'm confuse over here as for example a HDB buidling is facing the main road with heavy traffic so I took the compass reading at the ground floor 6 feet away from the block and it read 240 degree (SW3) but compass reading at the 11th level balcony looking outwards show 256 degree (W1).

Appreciate your advice on this area.

Thank you and regards

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Aloysius Chia,

Aloysius Chia wrote:
Having browse through your information over the facing direction of a apartment block especially HDB unit, I have a query or rather confusion over this area.Some FS Mastermentionedfacing direction of a apartment should be the facing direction of the whole building regardless which floor you are staying.

If you do this, you are evaluating the entire block rather than the unit that you are staying in. This is often used if you need to evalute how is the luck for the entire building. However, even in a block there will be some unit which has better luck than another unit. That is why taking the individual home's facing direction will allow you to determin that.

Flying Star can be applied to a small area (ie unit in the block), then entire building or block, or even to a plot of land. Thus, the type of facing you use determines this.

Aloysius Chia wrote:
While some say 10th floor and above should take the facing from the living room/balcony looking outwards.

The reason for this is that when you are on a higer floor, it is less likely that other building or surrounding block will block your view. Thus, is deemed to have virtual water (clear space).

In our website, we have defined the facing for apartment as follows:-

Apartment (2nd - 7th level), you take the main door as your facing direction.

Apartment (8th level and up), you take the living room/balcony or where most light enters into your home.

Aloysius Chia wrote:
I'm confuse over here as for example a HDB buidling is facing the main road with heavy traffic so I took the compass reading at the ground floor 6 feet away from the block and it read 240 degree (SW3) but compass reading at the 11th level balcony looking outwards show 256 degree (W1).

You should use the one from your balcony ie W1.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research

• 1 month later...

Dear FS Master,

Thank you for the reply but I came across this situation where on the 11th floor balcony reading show 255-W1 but on the 10th floor balcony reading show 240-SW3. Is there such a possibility or it is because of electronicmagnetic field interference the compass needle.

On the 10th floor when I stand in centre of the balcony (rectangular in size) with the compass 4-6 feet away from my body it's show 240-SW3 but when I take one step back it show 253-W1. I'm puzzle at this instance. May I know is there a step/guide in taking compass reading at the balcony.

Appreciate your kind advice.

Thank you