About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Tall, large, old pine tree

feather

There is a tall old pine tree in the SE section of my front yard. Although it is wood, it reminds me of a sword (metal?) standing guard over my house. Should I place something to deflect the negative chi of the pointed branches pointing at my house. It is not in front of the door, but to the right (south) of the main entrance door. Thank you for your thoughts on this.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,
To understand if the tree is a `threat' to your home, do check out the following questions:
1. If one stand at the main entrance and if the tree slices the house, this is considered a poision arrow.
2. If it slices through the window, it is a poision arrow.
As I understand from your message that the tree on the right side of the house, this is usually acceptable.
3. If you have a relatively large garden or if the tree is quite a distance away from the house, this is acceptable.
In Feng Shui, a tall, large tree is considered too Yin especially if it is at the compass direction of NE, NW and West. But as you mentioned that it is the SE location, this is still acceptable. Keep the tree (if possible trimmed).
4. The branches usually are not considered sha qi as it is natural for the tree to branch out in all directions. Rather, the tree trunk is usually considered a `threat' if meets conditions under Para 1 and 2.
5. Overall, the tree should be healthy. If it is this is acceptable. But if the tree decays or rots, then it is adviseable for it to be pulled down.
6. A tree stump or broken tree stump is considered inauspicious especially if it `acts' as a blade cutting or slicing a home.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 9/12/99 1:35:58 AM, Anonymous wrote:
There is a tall old pine tree
in the SE section of my front
yard. Although it is wood, it
reminds me of a sword (metal?)
standing guard over my house.
Should I place something to
deflect the negative chi of
the pointed branches pointing
at my house. It is not in