About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,

Anonymous wrote:
Hi, I did the pillars comparisons report for my boyfriend and I. I do not really understand what it means. What does it mean by : 'Heaven Stem Clash between day pillar (xin) & day pillar (yi).' I am a strong metal and he is a weak wood. Your insights are greatly appreciated.

It simply means that the two ba zi chart's pillar clashes. In this case, the two heavenly stem of the day clashes with each other.

Under the comparison rule, day to day or year to year clash often signify more a more major form of clash. At least when you compare that to say a hour to year or month to month clash.

You see the day pillar influence the element of the day. While the year pillar influence your horoscope sign. So often when the day pillar clash, it means that the two elements are likely to conflict with each other such as water and fire elements.Horoscope signs can also clash with each other such as the Snake and Pig.

In your case, metal destroy wood. So the element conflict with each other. Furthermore, you are a Strong Metal amd he is a weak wood. So the clash is even more obvious as you make him even weaker. If at least you are a weak Metal, and he is a Strong Wood, the clash is actually not as bad because the weak Metal helps to keep the strong wood in check.

So based on this factor, it shows a not so compatible chart. However, as long as the horoscope signs do not clash as well, then there are still ways to improve the harmony. Such as having more Water element as a common binding element to improve the harmony between the two. As water will exhaust the excess metal and make weak wood stronger.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research

Thank you very much for answer my query.

However, I am still unsure of some concepts.

Quote:
Robert Lee wrote:
It simply means that the two ba zi chart's pillar clashes. In this case, the two heavenly stem of the day clashes with each other.

What is signified by a clash? Quarrels? Difficulties?

Quote:

So based on this factor, it shows a not so compatible chart. However, as long as the horoscope signs do not clash as well, then there are still ways to improve the harmony. Such as having more Water element as a common binding element to improve the harmony between the two. As water will exhaust the excess metal and make weak wood stronger.

Can two people with not so compatible chart get along? I am dog, while he is goat. Is there still ways to improve the harmony?

Thanks in advance for your help.

• Staff

Dear Blue,

blue mistz wrote:
What is signified by a clash? Quarrels? Difficulties?

There are 4 different levels of conflict and ranked in different level lf severity:-

1) Clash being the worst tends to be a conflict/quarrels between two. Just like say water and fire cannot co-exist.

2) Harm is next where there is some minor quarrels or issues that both may not see eye to eye or some obstacles that will get in the way.

3) Punishment is where there is things just won't go smoothly.

4) Self-punishment is like things very minor hiccups that will occur such that you cannot get a perfect result no matter how hard you try.

So clash betwen the day pillar means your elements are in conflict. Just like when fire meets water, fire is exhausted by water. But this clash even though not good, can still harmonised by having element that smoothen the relationship. For example having wood can help act as a bridge. Resulting in less friction.

You have to weight every aspect to determine how compatible a couple is. It does not mean that just because there is a clash both couples will confirm quarrels. How bad or whether there other other many minor clashes can further determine can make this clash better or worst off. So normally, you have look at it from all aspect.

blue mistz wrote:
Can two people with not so compatible chart get along? I am dog, while he is goat. Is there still ways to improve the harmony?

In general, the dog and goat does isn't a horoscope that clash. So the only incompatibility is the element signs. So this tell me that it is not an incompatible pair. Five element clash can be harmonised by a common element favourable to both element.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research