About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Birth hour question

Hi Master,
I am born in Singapore before 1 Jan 1982. During this day, the time was brought forward by 1/2 hour. Hence, my birth hour for Bazhi analysis is different before and after 1982.
Which one should I use? See link.
Thanks.
http://www.math.nus.edu.sg/aslaksen/teaching/timezone.html

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,

Anonymous wrote:
Hi Master, I am born in Singapore before 1 Jan 1982. During this day, the time was brought forward by 1/2 hour. Hence, my birth hour for Bazhi analysis is different before and after 1982. Which one should I use? See link. Thanks. http://www.math.nus.edu.sg/aslaksen/teaching/timezone.html

This is exactly, why one of the reasons we do not apply timezone as method to determine the location of birth is due to the simplication of the timezone. Anyway, the timezone only affect one which is the longitude which represents east/west. So it only factor in one factor of the long. and lat. of birth. That is why this is a very bad way to apply location factor into ba zi.

And we do not apply long. and lat. of birth to ba zi for a simple fact not everyone record the long. and lat. of birth. So best to just use the local time of birthl.

I am sure when you are born, the time recorded should be the timezone before any changes were made to the timezone. So just use that time of birth as your local time of birth. Don't make further changes to the time of birth.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research