About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Good Site at Mandai Columbarium

Hi Cecil,

My father was recently cremated at Mandai and I would like to know what factors to look out for when choosing a good niche over there. Also his ashes will be stored there in 2 weeks time. Pls let me know a good date and time around the last week of this month for putting his ashes in the niche.

Much appreciated!!!

Sponsored Link

• Staff

1. Mandai is already an "established" or has been existence for quite sometime.

2. Usually by now all the major prime sites have been taken up. However, do take into consideration:-

2.1 Afternoon / evening sun

If possible, bring along a compass and try to avoid the niche facing or have direct afternoon evening sun shining onto it. Do becareful that the earth axis tilts and for some places, it may be affected by afternoon sun only for the first six months and vice versa.

2.2 Is there any intention to pray or provide offerings often?

If so, usually waist height or at eye level is the most important!

2.3 Planning for the "future"

2.4. Some families, plan "ahead" and even booked several niches next to it. I don't want to sound inauspicious, but some do plan for a one , or one with two or one with three niches.

3. Generally, for niches, south or direct south facing would be good choices because it is guaranteed of not having direct sun light shining on it at any where.

4. For those who do not intend to visit the site "often" may consider higher up niches, where the niche are not (supressed) by others above it.

5. You can always use the url: dates.geomancy.net to check an auspicious date for installation of the niche.

6. Otherwise, nowadays, there is a limit to find a good niche! So far, the best site is at Bright Hill. But of-course, it has been "fully taken" and places there are at a premium.

7. Once cremated, there is also no issue to place an urn stacked by 3 or more other urns /niches one on top of each other. Much like Apartment blocks where there can be 1st storey to 24 or more storeys. Where there can be e.g. #05-55 or #06-55, #22-55, #23-55 etc...

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net