About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

North and South Hemispheres

myfs_135131

I live in the southern hemisphere and and I have heard conflicting views about the Flying Star direction and indeed all positions regarding placement of elements (wood/water etc).

According to this website, if my bed faces North, it is an excellent position. however according to other views, North is the worst position for me (I was born in 1958) regarding the Flying Star.

When I read about directions and placement of objects, should I take the opposite one if I live in the southern Hemisphere? Please help me with this - I am really confused about it.

Thanks

Sponsored Link

• Staff

1. In fact, as far back as 13 years ago, there was this "argument" with regards to Northern or Southern hemisphere.

2. The concensus amongst MAJORITY or ALL Traditional Masters is that there is no change. Everything should NOT be mirrored.

3. Majority of the feedback was:-

3.1 Many of the concepts use the lowest common denominator: The Five Elements concept.

3.2 Even in the Southern Hemisphere, North is North, South is South (unless one is exactly at zero degrees at North or South pole). Who lives at the North or South pole!

3.3 Thus just because the demonstration that when we empty the wash basin, the water "tornado" flow is a reverse or different in the north or south.

4. Thus, if one mirrors the concept to suit South is not a common practise by many Feng Shui masters.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net