About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

FACE or be SUPPORTED by auspicious direction

I've been browsing through the forums very carefully so that i won't inadvertently ask the same question that's been asked before but i just can't find an explanation to my question...

1. I gather from the response that you've given to most is that the way to harvest the influence of your auspicious direction is to sit FACING these directions meaning if i am aWEST GROUP person i shouldFACEWEST, SOUTHWEST, NORTHWEST, and NORTHEAST and thusly live in"WEST" houses meaning houses that also face these directions. How is it then that most books i've read and most research that i've done says that you shouldSIT WITH YOUR BACK POINTING/SPINEIS TOWARDSyour auspicious direction and that "WEST" houses also have their BACKS/YIN Side towardsthe westerndirection so that they will get support from that direction? why is their such big discrepancies?

2. just for the sake of simple analysis,Let's assume i had a house that comprised of only ONE PERFECTLY SQUARE ROOM. theBACK of this structure is a solid wall and this is on the EAST SIDE. thus theFRONT, where the main door is, FACES WEST.

if we are to assume that one must sleep with the crown ofhis head pointing towards hisgood direction, wouldn't that mean that one had to position his headboard along the same wall as the FRONT DOOR (WEST) in order to tap his auspicious direction?meaning they would not have a clear view of the door when someone enters the room which is a clear violation of the basic and most important tenets of Feng Shui which is that a door should never be anywhereon anyside behind you, not when you are awake or alert and can easily notice people coming up behind you, let alone when you are sleeping!DOESN'T that seem rather counter intuitive?

Lets further assume that wemay tilt the bedin order to pointthe headboard towards the other remaining western direction,2 (NW,SW)out of the3 left would still be aligned to/touching the front wall where the front door is. Again very counter intuitive. had there been any reason for the northeast direction to be unuseable that would by default make it impossible to harness good Feng Shui

Lastly let us assume that thissame room/structure/housealso serves as an office, where does the desk go? if we must aslo situate ourselves in the westernly sectors, had there been any reason for the northeastsector to be deemed unuseable one would have to situate his desk towards either side of the front sector of the room, assuming the door is smack dab in the center. Guest coming in would then have to sit behind him or besides him so as not to make his back vulnerable?

I sincerely hope that you can clarify this for me, if not for everyone once and for all. it is soo frustrating. i hope i do not seem skeptical or disrespectful because in all honestyi don'tmean to be. i am just soo confused with all the different information that i'm getting and it's hard to tell which is which.

thank you gain in advance for understanding.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

1. We have to differentiate between Yin Feng Shui and Yang Feng Shui.

2. Yin Feng Shui can be known as Feng Shui for the dead. Yang Feng Shui is Feng Shui for the living.

3. The Eight House can be applied to both Yin and Yang Feng Shui.

4. Usually in a Yin Feng Shui environment, the person is dead, immovable object. Thus, it would be good to have the person within the good sector to "defend" against external factors. Thus, it is good to have the person absorb good qi as what you have mentioned.

5. Under Yang Feng Shui, the critical difference that although both Yin and Yang persons have a nose or mouth; the Yang person is still breathing.

6. Many of us have read the importance of the "mouth" of the house. The mouth of a house is where we should tap good qi. Here, we can draw a parallel to a living person: where is your mouth? Is your nose and mouth at the back of your body and your spine is at the front? Yes/No?

7. In Yang Eight House concept, it is always good to sit with your nose/mouth facing a good direction. And in addition, one gets the best of two worlds if as I have often stated, under the Eight House, it is good to spent time at a good sector. A famous Feng Shui practitioner once mentioned to his client: that when one sits up on your bed, it is better to sit with your face (mouth and nose) facing a good direction. As we (practitioners) are serving the living not the dead in home or office Feng Shui. Unless, you want to place your mouth and nose on your back-side. Then, go for Yin Feng Shui approach.

8. In Flying Star Feng Shui, many practitioners would like to see home that has double auspicious #8's at the frontage. This would be useful in encouraging good qi into the home. And the idea is that if the qi from a certain sector is not good, some may advice "locking up the bad qi" eg. in a store room or "close the set of windows".

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• 1 month later...

i know that in one of your posts you mentioned not to post too many thank you messages as many people subscribe or receive updates by mail but i just had to!

For ALL these years i've been trying to learn Feng Shui no one and no book has ever been able to settle this point for me and clarify the differenceuntil today!I amSO SO HAPPY!it answers so many of the other smaller questionsand incongruencies that have hinged themselves on thisONE but most IMPORTANT point!!!

Very Happyi am besides myself! everything is soo clear now, like a fog has lifted! THANK YOU SO MUCH! iLOVE this forum!Very Happy

PEACE+LOVE+LIGHT

-Sherwin

P.S. I'm now FACING my favorable direction as i type this!!! Razz