About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

My new apartment is right above the garage... help

myfs_135993

Hello,

I've recently moved into an apartment that sits directly above a 3-car parking space. I'm quite new to the idea of feng shui, but I've read and been told that having your living space/bedroom right above a garage is extremely bad feng shui and bad for the people living there.

Is there a way to counteract the potentially bad qi generated by such arrangement? Are there any "cures" to re-distribute the qi and invite more positive qi?

Thank you.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

1. There are many different aspect of Feng Shui. What you had mentioned, below, belongs to the category known as "Commonsense Approach" to Feng Shui.

2. The rationale for some people saying that the what you had mentioned is "NO" good is because, of the "concern" that in the unlikelyhood that if one or any of the three cars catch fire; as fire rises, most likely it may be a "death" threat to those living/sleeping above this area.

3. This is equivalent of many people saying that it is NO good to have a bedroom above a kitchen. The same rationale applies, here. As it is more likely that a fire may break out in a kitchen than any other parts of the home. And if so, fire and smoke rises upwards.

4. Thus in your case, it would bebest to make sure that no inflammable items is stored at the "garage" or cluttering the garage area with newspapers, and other items.

5. Today, it would be good if the garage is installed with smoke / fire detector.

6. Thus this whole "picture" is simply known as "Commonsense" Feng Shui. And it is simply this that some people are concerned with.

7. Thus instead of some "silly" remedies such as placing 6 coins etc.. it would be best to invest in smoke alarms or even sprinklers in the garage area. And check that they are "working" or well maintained.

8. In addition, it is always good to keep fire extinguishers both at the garage area and upstairs in your unit. And make sure that your windows have grilles that can be opened or break open - upon an emergency.

Thus, this is as far as the concern in Feng Shui and in commonsense approach to safety. Any other concerns are not-real.

Anonymous wrote:
I've recently moved into an apartment that sits directly above a 3-car parking space. I'm quite new to the idea of feng shui, but I've read and been told that having your living space/bedroom right above a garage is extremely bad feng shui and bad for the people living there.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net