About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

How To Move In To A New House

myfs_136057

Hi Sir,

I just signed up as a member andam a first time user of your forum. I find some your advises very useful and informative although i am not a very "hard core" follower of the detailed practises. Nevertheless, I would like to apply some very basic advises.

I have gone to your free samples in looking up the auspicious date to move in to a new home. But i am wondering whether :

1) What do i do whenmoving in to a new house on a auspicious date?

2) i can move in while the house is not 100% furnished or set up (just some minor touch up left)?

2) Can i move in SYMBOLICALLY?ie: just move in SOME of my belongings but do not stay in until a later date? When i move in officially at a later date, do i need to choose an auspicious date as well?

Appreciate your earliest advise. Appreciate it very much. Keep up your good work at this site, it's really informative and user friendly!

Sponsored Link

• Staff

1. If you are refering to common Chinese practises on move-in, then you can view this link:-

http://wiki.geomancy.net/wiki/Move_In_Procedures

2. Usually, one can still move-in to a home that is not 100% furnished. This depends on the interpretation of "furnished".

If especially the stove is not in the home before move in, then it is best that the stove is properly installed in a home.

If you mean not 100% furnished: for example, if the sofa seat is not in or your super 50 inch tv is not in, these items are of no major concern.

Thus, it depends on what is meant by "furnished".

3. Traditionally, on the day of the "move-in", one SHOULD be sleeping in a home. If one does not stay in the home, then, symbolically, one MAY place a set of "sleep" clothings on each side of the bed. If not, it is not considered as "moved-in".

4. In modern times, one can still not move in, yet, purchase lots of "furnishings". For example, buying and bringing in a new fridge, washing machine, dining table etc...

5. 1 Most of the first-time open door procedures and move-in have one MAJOR theme: symbolic of placing wealth into a new home.

.5.2 Thus, the procedures that I had prepared, took into consideration the major dialect groups: In Singapore it has to be: the Hokkiens, Teochews, Cantonese and Hakka.

5.3 And if one looks at all the procedures the common denomination is still : Placing wealth into a home.

5.4 Thus, it is basic that one can add or subtract some or all the procedures since they are non-religious in nature.

You asked: "When i move in officially at a later date, do i need to choose an auspicious date as well?"

6. Generally, once one has done a move-in procedure, the question asked is how many move-in procedures can there be? A pre-move-in, a move-in or a after-move-in. You think about it.

1) What do i do whenmoving in to a new house on a auspicious date?

2) i can move in while the house is not 100% furnished or set up (just some minor touch up left)?

2) Can i move in SYMBOLICALLY?ie: just move in SOME of my belongings but do not stay in until a later date? When i move in officially at a later date, do i need to choose an auspicious date as well?

Appreciate your earliest advise. Appreciate it very much. Keep up your

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Hi Mr Lee, thanks you very much for the prompt reply. Your advice is invaluable. I have no clue at all before i read your advices. I was planning to move in tomorrow but since the stove has not been installed, i will change to another day. I am also wondering whether we can still do minor touch up to plaster ceiling, lightings etc after we move in. Thank in advance. Your website is the best in giving advises, please keep up the good work. Cheers.

• Staff

1. Glad that you find our website useful.

2. Yes, it is best to have the stove installed. As it is one of the most important items (affecting health and wealth) for a family especially if one moves or try to move-in for the first time.

3. In the past, if the main stove is not installed, those who also use an alternative charcoal stove may move in .. but need to "use" it for the first time.

4. Minor touch up of the ceiling is fine! BUT, it is best that you are aware where is your North and South sector of the new home! As this year, North = Tai Sui and South is the three killings.

When the minor touch up of the ceiling is to be done at one of these two sectors, try not to stand there and supervise. Just pretend to be elsewhere and not see the actual work to be done! (aka kiasu abit)