About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

What do i do with 2 doors and 2 windows?

myfs_136355

i am fairly new to feng shui. i get the basic idea, so i dont know much about flying stars and all the fancy stuff, but i am trying to at least start with the basic ideas or feng shui so i can try and improve more aspects of my life, especially my career as the last 6 mths have not been that great and when i look back on the (old) room it was not feng shui friendly in anyway.
So i will try and explain my situation as much as possible as i really need some guidance, as sinly as it may be!
I live in a very old wooden house in queensland, australia. The type of house is infact called a 'queenslander' as it is different from houses built in any other state in australia. They are built on stilts to keep away from flash flooding and ants. They often have a 'sunroom' at the front of the house with glass louvres and often have attached laundrys at the back of the house as most original 'queenslanders' were built before inhosue laundrys. our house face n/e and my room is in the back left corner. It is a pretty decent size room.
The problem with my new room is i cant figure out the best place for my bed and this is why.
I have two doors- One on the n/e facing wall about a metre form the north corner of the wall and one on the n/w wall right on the north corner. The door on the n/e opens onto the entry way, the n/w door opens onto the kitchen.
I also have two windows- one in the middle of the s/e wall and one in the middle of the s/w.
I also have an exquiset ornate domed ceiling in the centre of the room. THe domed part is about 1metre diameter, the ornate part is 2.5metre diameter, a chandelier hangs from this. The ceiling is 11' high excluding the domed part, which is probably another foot higher.
The walls a lined with a dark wood panelling which stops about 7' then is a cream/white colour the same as the ceiling.
If i put my door in the western corner my bed either faces directly out the door in the 'coffin position' on the n/e wall or completely away from both doors down to the window on the s/e wall so i can only just see the n/e door wilst liying down but not the n/w door at all.
If i put my bed with the bedhead on the s/w or s/e wall without it being directly up against the wall (9inch gap?) about 1/4-1/2 of the bed head will cross the window depending on the wall.
i also do not have a built in wardrobe. i have the clothes i wear the most often on a hanging rack and clothes that i dont wear that often or winter clothes (it is summer here now) folded in an antique cupboard containing shelves. i also have paperwork in here like gas/electricity bills, receipts etc. is this ok to put at the end of my bed or it is classed as a door as well?? hopefully i can get drawers to replace this.
Hopefully you will be able to help me a little!

Sponsored Link

• Staff

1. Frankly, authentic Feng Shui has to use tools like Flying Stars etc.

2. Otherwise, you may have to do like everyone else; based on your acumen and feelings in the placement of your bed etc..

3. When you place your bed-head, you should feel comfortable with it despite having 2 doors and 2 windows as it is very difficult to visual what you had mentioned in writing.

4. If your bed is placed against a window, often, the window(s) are not opened and curtains are drawn.

Seethe B. wrote:
i am fairly new to feng shui. i get the basic idea, so i dont know much about flying stars and all the fancy stuff, but i am trying to at least start with the basic ideas or feng shui so i can try and improve more aspects of my life, especially my career as the last 6 mths have not been that great and when i look back on the (old) room it was not feng shui friendly in anyway.

So i will try and explain my situation as much as possible as i really need some guidance, as sinly as it may be!

I live in a very old wooden house in queensland, australia. The type of house is infact called a 'queenslander' as it is different from houses built in any other state in australia. They are built on stilts to keep away from flash flooding and ants. They often have a 'sunroom' at the front of the house with glass louvres and often have attached laundrys at the back of the house as most original 'queenslanders' were built before inhosue laundrys. our house face n/e and my room is in the back left corner. It is a pretty decent size room.

The problem with my new room is i cant figure out the best place for my bed and this is why.

I have two doors- One on the n/e facing wall about a metre form the north corner of the wall and one on the n/w wall right on the north corner. The door on the n/e opens onto the entry way, the n/w door opens onto the kitchen.

I also have two windows- one in the middle of the s/e wall and one in the middle of the s/w.

I also have an exquiset ornate domed ceiling in the centre of the room. THe domed part is about 1metre diameter, the ornate part is 2.5metre diameter, a chandelier hangs from this. The ceiling is 11' high excluding the domed part, which is probably another foot higher.

The walls a lined with a dark wood panelling which stops about 7' then is a cream/white colour the same as the ceiling.

If i put my door in the western corner my bed either faces directly out the door in the 'coffin position' on the n/e wall or completely away from both doors down to the window on the s/e wall so i can only just see the n/e door wilst liying down but not the n/w door at all.

If i put my bed with the bedhead on the s/w or s/e wall without it being directly up against the wall (9inch gap?) about 1/4-1/2 of the bed head will cross the window depending on the wall.

i also do not have a built in wardrobe. i have the clothes i wear the most often on a hanging rack and clothes that i dont wear that often or winter clothes (it is summer here now) folded in an antique cupboard containing shelves. i also have paperwork in here like gas/electricity bills, receipts etc. is this ok to put at the end of my bed or it is classed as a door as well?? hopefully i can get drawers to replace this.

Hopefully you will be able to help me a little!

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net