About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Separate garage and driveway at the back

myfs_137167

Dear Cecil,
I really hope you can give us general advice because I'm really confuse.
I have put in a deposit on a new two-story duplex. I really like the house, it's bright, in a great location and more importantly we can afford it. It has a separate garage and driveway at the back. To access the driveway/garage, there's a small lane at the back (I've attached a drawing to explain it better). The problem is:
1. half of the garage (a quarter of the house) are on T junction from the small lane;
2. there's a small lane at the back of the house.
I've heard that it's not a good thing to have a house "sandwiched" by two road because there's no support for the house.
1. Is it help that there's an island of small trees at the back of the house?
2. And can the garage be the support for the house based on the fact that the garage is a whole different building?
3. Will the T junction at the back be a problem?
Your general advise will be greatly appreciated. Warm regards.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

1. Yes, fortunately, two things are in place:-

1.1. It is far better in this layout plan i.e. the frontside is not at the rear of the home. This is much better than the frontage facing the "T" junction.

1.2 Yes, the landscaping with young trees does help (alot; tremendously) your plot of land.

1.3 In addition, with your car porch and garage, it is good for these to be at the back of the home.

With all the above three considerations, and that the young trees will ultimately mature and grow bigger, this is a plus point.

Thus in my opinion, although you have the "T" junction, the above three points 1.1 to 1.3 overweighs this inauspicious "T" junction.

Anonymous wrote:
Dear Cecil,

I really hope you can give us general advice because I'm really confuse.
I have put in a deposit on a new two-story duplex. I really like the house, it's bright, in a great location and more importantly we can afford it. It has a separate garage and driveway at the back. To access the driveway/garage, there's a small lane at the back (I've attached a drawing to explain it better). The problem is:
1. half of the garage (a quarter of the house) are on T junction from the small lane;
2. there's a small lane at the back of the house.
I've heard that it's not a good thing to have a house "sandwiched" by two road because there's no support for the house.
1. Is it help that there's an island of small trees at the back of the house?
2. And can the garage be the support for the house based on the fact that the garage is a whole different building?
3. Will the T junction at the back be a problem?
Your general advise will be greatly appreciated. Warm regards.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net