About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Auspicious date and Friday the 13th

myfs_138207

I tried using the auspicious date calculator in moving in a new house (actually, its a new apartment) and one of the result given is tomorrow. 13th of February and falls on a Friday. It is categorized as very auspicious and auspicious date.

For a regular person like me, I find it conflicting.

Need advise on this please.

Urgent!

(I'm planning to move tomorrow.)

Sponsored Link

• Staff

1. Please note that the dates are based purely on the way we Chinese calculate auspicious dates.

2. By tradition, the Chinese in the past and even now, don't see Friday 13 as bad!For example, the saying goes.. one man's meat is another man's poision. Even in the western world, there are some who says that Friday 13 is lucky for them, while perhaps, majority fear it.

3. For the Chinese, especially the Hokkien Dialect group, the no. 6 is considered a lucky number. As the phonetic sound in Hokkien dialect : "6" means LUCK. Especially for Christians, many don't like "666" - devils number. But to Chinese Hokkiens, 666 means LUCK, LUCK, LUCK.

4. Thus, what is suppose to be good for one race may not be good for another race (country or creed). Thus, IF YOUR CULTURE, feels that Friday the 13th is bad, then don't choose that date, simple!

5. In my country, perhaps, influenced by the west and for some who may have seen movies like Friday, the 13th, could just "fear that date". But touchwood, so far during my life-span, I had seen or heard many Friday the 13th come and past-by me....

6. Thus, the auspicious dates reports ONLY takes into consideration Chinese cultural - good or bad dates. But we don't include, western inauspicous dates/days - clash with the western culture. Now we, mark "13" as an unlucky number.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net