About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Moving House and Directions

hogshu

Dear Cecil
I understand that one has good and bad houses based on their personal element.
My questions is
1. What guidelines does one use to pick a good time to shift house and
2. Is the direction one shift house important.
e.g. If I currently live in the north of my city and shift to the south or east or wherever, how do I know which direction will be the best for me. I believe under 9 star ki this is very important.
Is it the main breadwinner whose details must be the priority or all house members.
Many thanks
Jojo

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Jojo,
Thanks for your question. For those who are now sure what 9-Star Ki is, let me elaborate further
1. 9-Star Ki and Personal Flying Star Feng Shui is basically one and the same.
2. 9-Star Ki is widely practised in Japan. This is where the Japanese must have learned the Flying Star Feng Shui and applied it in a holistic way in their country.
The next popular destination is UK and US where this is equally practised in both countries.
Essentially both are one and the same.
3. 9-Star Ki uses the Luo Shu grid of 9 squares. It is also incorporated into `personal' Feng Shui.
For a change, those who are keen to learn 9-Star Ki can get books e.g.
Author
======
Jon Sandifer (I hope I spelt his name correctly)
Simon Brown
In my opinion, Jon Sandifer's books are a considered quite old but do give an essence of the holistic approach to 9-Star Ki.
Simon Brown's books are modern i.e. have easy to understand graphics and well organised.
There are many more authors on 9-Star Ki and their followers. I believe, many of the members of the Feng Shui Society in UK have members practising 9-Star Ki.
As I mentioned, 9-Star Ki in my opinion can be broadly classified under " Personal Flying Star Theory ". Although it can still be used at looking at houses.
Matching 9-Star Ki/Flying Star Theory is the Ba Zhi Feng Shui which Robert is currently putting into this website.
A famous Feng Shui Master mentioned that it is advisable to practice Flying Star or Ba Zhi Feng Shui but not both because it gets complicated if one is doing it manually to interlink and provide cross references.
However, with our current research and highly integrated computerised tools, we will be able to interlink both for great effectiveness. Both tools: Flying Star and Ba Zhi Feng Shui when put together will offer exciting possibilities.
By the way, one can generally say that Ba Zhi Feng Shui is a higher but of equal status with Flying Star Theory. Ba Zhi Feng Shui can be considered a higher form of Eight House Theory.
4. Sorry to side track the issue. There are several methods of looking at auspicious dates by the Chinese.
Currently, at this website, it is based on the five elements concept to deduce the auspicious and inauspicious dates. In computer language, this is akin to running assembly language or machine language which is considered the closest you can get to the `machine' itself.
5. More simplistic methods includes using the Luo Pan to deduce e.g. the best direction to avoid for travelling at a specific time.
Derek Walters in his richly illustrated book " Feng Shui " had worked out a western compass and also teach simple reading method on the use of a western compass.
By the way, if anyone is keen to learn proper Feng Shui using the five elements concept, one should get hold of his "classic" Feng Shui Handbook. I believe this is available at amazon.com or barnesandnobles.com
Although his book is written sometime back, it is in my opinion a class in itself especially for an English title.
6. One way of checking out auspicious dates is to use the Luo pan as shown in Derek Walter's " Feng Shui " book. Or you can check out the Auspicious / Inauspicious program on this site.
7. Usually, it should apply more for an individual than the breadwinner. For example, if the person who is travelling should be the one `looked' at than say the breadwinner.
Warmest Regards
Cecil

On 10/26/99 8:38:25 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Cecil
I understand that one has good
and bad houses based on their
personal element.
My questions is
1. What guidelines does one
use to pick a good time to
shift house and
2. Is the direction one shift
house important.
e.g. If I currently live in
the north of my city and shift
to the south or east or
wherever, how do I know which
direction will be the best for
me. I believe under 9 star ki
this is very important.
Is it the main breadwinner
whose details must be the
priority or all house members.
Many thanks
Jojo

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Thanks for the reply.
If the entire family are moving house, is the new house based on the best direction for the breadwinner ?
And then one must pick an auspicious day to move (the breadwinners auspicious date, yes or no ?)
Under 9 star ki if you say move to a house 2 kilometres away for example and the direction is not good, trouble will strike for all the time you live there.
All very confusing.
Thanks
Jojo

• Staff

Dear Jojo,
If you want to practise 9 Star Ki, it is adviseable not to practise Feng Shui because it has its own `ruleset' and some of the key essence is the same but however, there are still some differences and if one does not know sure of the actual differences, one may end up creating problems for themselves.
Basically for Feng Shui is the time for the breadwinner to enter the house is important.
As for the direction, which you mentioned, in practical reality, when you travel say on the road, it is most likely that one may turn into an inauspicious direction. Therefore, this rule is not an important rule to take into account in our modern society.
Lets look at it this way, we cannot simply travel in a straight line to where ever we want to go. Therefore, although there is logic behind this reasoning, it is no longer practical in our time.
The direction of travel is more important for those e.g. taking a flight from one city or country to another. Here, this is a more important point. For example, if it is determined that it is inauspicious for one to travel say from East to West. Here, one should best avoid it.
If you understand, 9-Star Ki better, it is best that you stick to the 9-Star Ki advise. However, you believe in the traditional Feng Shui method, stick with just taking into account the time of moving into a house.
This is soley up to you.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 10/26/99 5:22:23 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the reply.
If the entire family are
moving house, is the new house
based on the best direction
for the breadwinner ?
And then one must pick an
auspicious day to move (the
breadwinners auspicious date,