About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Main entrance hits wall behind

myfs_130515

Dear Cecil,

your advice is always appreciated.

What can one do when the main door does not open 180 degrees? I heard this is not good. It only opens 90 degrees because it hits a wall behind it.

Also, for a sharp corner (inside) pointing towards the main entrance: do I understand that right that it is safer to use a green leafy hanging plant to cover the corner than a large 6-rod metal wind chime? In case you need this info: I am a Strong Yang Wood Rooster, my husband is a Strong Yin Earth Rat.

Blessings to you and your business,

Daniella

Sponsored Link

• Staff

1. In my opinion, especially in land scarce Singapore or often to maximise the interior layout of the home or apartment; I personallyfind that many of the main doors can open up to90 degrees some can open up to 120 degrees.

2. Thus, if I were to give anrough estimate, at least55 or even 60 percent of all homes in Singapore, have main door that can swing up to 90 degrees only. Thus, thhis is not a crucial factor.

3. I have mentioned in the past that allgovernment flats, have the main door with very auspicious qi openings e.g.the Feng Shui ruler was used to check the openings. Andfor these old flats, even the measurement of the frame and the openings are very auspicious.

4. Thus the clue,here is not whether your main door can open 180 degrees or whether it has 1 or 1 and a small leaf (door) or two equal sized doors. In fact, many new terraces, havea main door that can open to one side only at 90 to 120 degrees the most.

5. This type of question is like: can I place shoes outside my apartment or home. We see this all the time:from people who stay in bungalows to semi-detached, to terraces to condo units to HDB's... This is considered as "peanuts" Feng Shui! Frankly, there are more important issues to be concerned with.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net