About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Pole Shadow Slicing Our Window

myfs_140026

Dear Master Lee,

We have transferred to a new residence and one day upon surveying the surrounding, at about 8:00-o-clock in the morning, I noticed that our neighbor's T.V. antennae casts a shadow on our east-facing window. The shadow moves direction as the sun gets higher.

Is there anymalign effects on us? And please recommend us effective cure to prevent inauspicious effect that might arise thereof.

P.S. Master, the east window is where we get our natural light during the day. And to mention, East is one of my favourable Kua direction.

Many thanks...

Anon.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

1. In my opinion these are some of the considerations:-

1.1. The poison arrow must be straight-ahead. And not seen at the side of the window. It has to be directly facing the window;

1.2. In addition, it must be at the same level. For example; one should stood down and look out exactly horizontally at the fringe of the bottom of the window. If the antennae cannot be seen; it is not a threat.

1.3. Material:

Usually the TV antennae aerial is made of soft material - some "aluminium" type of soft metal. If the material is quite soft; other than the support; such soft material is less or even a non-threat.

1.4. For example:

A solid telephone wooden support post and a gulvanised steel street lamp is definitely considered a "threat" if it slicing into an opening: be a window or an entrance. These materials are "solid" and relatively hard.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Thanks Master Lee for the prompt reply. Very Happy

I am sorry, I failed to mentionthat the shadow being cast is the Antennae's main support(made of bamboo pole), the shadow islong and thin and hits the windowexactly in the middle.

Theantennae's shadow therefore hits the roofing.

Thanks again...

• Staff

1. So far, this is the first time that I had seriouly heard that a shadow may or could cause a "poison arrow".

2. Frankly, following a shadow even if it falls on a home may not necessarily cause a poison arrow. Especially if your home is not pure North-South and East-West and furthermore, the sun must have cast the shadow directly to your home.

3. Please check what I had mentioned earlier. Such shadows are " considered like a pusedo effect...may be harmless.

4.Do remember to stand inside thehome- directly looking out of the window. You never mentioned that whether can the bamboo pole be seen or not. But rather; you are so considered with a shadow.We are not there so how to interpret or even mis-interpret your message?

5. Anyway, drawing an equivalent:

5.1. Beams?

- Concrete beam with steel metal rods embedded in it and wood supports are considered real beams. Why?

- Because these are very solid material(s) that carry loads or load bearing supports.

- Many homes nowadays install gypsum board false ceilings that are either undulating or looks like a beam. Firstly these gypsum boards are not load bearing. Furthermore, the gypusm board material is very light.

- Thus, gypsum board false ceilings only cause a "pusedo effect". It is like taking a sugar coated pill.

6. A bamboo pole is equally light and not as solid as the solid lamp post or the wooden telephone pole.

7. Frankly, the only shadows; I am concerned are from Kung Fu or martial arts experts. Some are highly skilled in what is known as "shadow boxing". This is the type of shadows I am really afraid off.

8. I am not afraid of a shadow of a pole that casts its shadows on my window.

Dear Master,

The shadow causes me concerns since it is like a sword blade figuratively slicing through our home...Figuratively it somewhat cause divisiveness within us. When you peek out at the window, you can see the pole when looking on the left side.

Sifu, is hanging a Ba-guaabove the windowhelps? More like a placebo, it may help me ease worry about it...Will it make any implications?

Your earnestfollower....

Anon.

• Staff

1. Frankly as mentioned in my previous forum messages; a real sha qi or poison arrow must meet certain conditions.

2. A shadow "acting" like a sha qi is not.

3. If one should "insisit" to neutralise a placebo; then go ahead. Although again, I don't see much use, here.

4. It may not be practical to place a conVEX mirror given that most likely; the shadow may not fall on it. A 6 hollow rod wind chime MAY be used. But, if it really cause too much noise vs one's tolerance vs psychology of seeinga sha qi is the lesser of the two evils.

5. Thus, if one really one to place a placebo cure, then go ahead. But please don't mention that this was recommended by me. Pretend that you heard it from some where, else. This is one case of "see no evil, speak no.. and hear no evil."

Many Thanks Master Cecil. I think it is all clarified now.

About your statement number 5...No need to worry, we live in a place where people do not even have a slightidea about Feng Shui principles...Few Chinese people live in our locality and every amulets (cures) we hang or place in our vicinity were thought of as mere ornaments.

I'm a believer of white Feng Shui and hard work...I try to be at one and in balancewith our surroundings.

Morepowerand many blessings always...