About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Main Door Facing Kitchen Door

myfs_140614

Dear Master,

My main door is facing the kitchen door directly. Other than putting a divider in between, are there any other feng shui remedies? This is because my store room is in between the kitchen and main door, so there might not be enough space to place a divider. I have also read that its not good to have something blocking the main door when you enter.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

1. Often many Chinese believe that it is not auspicious to see an opening eg. balcony window directly from the main door. Thus, it is not exactly a bad thing with a partition "blocking: the main door.

2. There are so many ideas about what should or should not be directly facing the main door:

2.1 Some felt that when we enter the home, we should not be met by a "wall". To some, this symbolises an obstacle of sorts.

2.2 Sometimes, this can be a plus point as one's main door no longer faces an "opening".

3. Thus for every argument, there is often a counter-argument for it.

4. There are quite alot of apartments nowadays with the main door facing the kitchen door directly. And often, many of us do not close the kitchen door. This has more to do with both:-

4.1. Commonsense and symbolism.

4.2. Under commonsense; it is very similiar to having a main door opened in full view of the dining table. Here, imagine - first impressions. If our dining table is messy or cluttered, the first thing our guest would see is the messy dining table. Same thing. If we enter the main door and can see thru the kitchen cum service balcony; some people hang underwear, bras and clothings in full view of the main door.

4.3. Symbolism: Here, if we stand at the main door looking into the home; and can see sharp objects like knifes; it is symbolically inauspicious. As these are sharp objects - not good to see all these items. Here, another "fairy tale" is that a would be thief may even run into the home and get hold of the knife and the rest is history.

4.4. In your case, try to keep the kitchen cum service area as neat and tidy as possible.

Anonymous wrote:
Dear Master,

My main door is facing the kitchen door directly. Other than putting a divider in between, are there any other feng shui remedies? This is because my store room is in between the kitchen and main door, so there might not be enough space to place a divider. I have also read that its not good to have something blocking the main door when you enter.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net