About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Main Door facing direction

myfs_104083

Hi Master Cecil,

I have read your post on "Facing Direction of a Home" and hope to seek your advice.

My husband and I have our best sectors in the opposite directions. He is the 'East' people and I am the 'West' type. Our living room which seems to be the 'mouth of the house' and the Master bdrmis on the NW direction favourable for me but not him. Can I just treat the main door entrance which is on the SE as the 'mouth of the house' as it is favourable for him?

Nowadays, theapt are built in such a way which is outwards so theDoor entrance are from the inside and facing the neighbor's door for my case. The door entrance will led you to a short aisle withthe kitcheneither on the left or the right and then dining area before reaching the livingroom. The living room will then seems to be the 'mouth of thehouse' where more light shines.The master bdrm will be on the same side / direction of the house. My house is like this.

We are looking for a new place and realized that the layout are mostly the same as my current house. Can I treat the door entrance as the 'mouth of the house'? Small sqft apt always hastoilet in the center of the house due to the small size. Can this be rectified?

Thank you

Sponsored Link

• Staff

1. Frankly, one must understand why there is a rationale for properly determine where the "mouth of the house" is.

2. The main purpose of determine the "mouth" is so that we can understand where the main qi comes in. And thus, apply the Flying Star Feng Shui. And not based on our whims and fancies to "snake" around the home to find doors that fit the static Eight House (4 East/West Group) persons.

3. Please note that the Compass School of Feng Shui does not depend only on the Eight House concept. And how one tries to fit a square peg in a round hole sort of thing.

4. Thus, one should not be too obsessed only with the Eight House concept; as if the whole world revolves within it.

5. Far from it. The Eight house is a static model and often best used when determing the purchase of a home. But since both your existing and new are similar... what has this Eight House to do with it.

6. Thus it is not abou "sneaking" in and out of a home from a specific secondary entrance etc...

7. It is very common for both partners to have different sleeping directions. You may like to read some of the resources, here:-

Master Bedroom: Which side must I sleep on

Anonymous wrote:
We are looking for a new place and realized that the layout are mostly the same as my current house. Can I treat the door entrance as the 'mouth of the house'? Small sqft apt always hastoilet in the center of the house due to the small size. Can this be rectified?

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net