About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Above the door ornaments. Words 'Fuk' and 'Cheun

myfs_140026

Dear Master Lee,

I have placed yellow calligraphy of Cantonese words (Fuk) Fortune and(Cheun) Spring onred, wooden squares. Fortune was hanged frominside themain door and Spring on the backdoor (from the inside).

It somehow feels good to know "When leaving (the house) receive blessings, and when coming home receive freshness."

Master, my question is, how come they should be hanged upside down and in diamond shaped manner? Any advice or precaution regarding the matter.

Your earnestfollower,

Lam Ngan Lung

Sponsored Link

• Staff

1. Actually, the significance of hanging Fu or Prosperity or in Cantonese - Fuk:-

1.1. We don't actually care who had first placed this Fu (diamond shaped) outside the main door.

1.2. But this implies is that when we first place this Fu outside the main door inverted upside down, it implies the wish or hope for Prosperity to "rain down or fall into our home.

2. Next, originally, it is never left upside down outside ofthe main door, permanently.

3. The story is that one must after "discovering" this upside down Fu, bring it into the home e.g. in the Living Room andas an act, turn it right side up! And hang right side up! (I had mentioned this in some of the forum message[s] sometime back.

3.1 Here, one is considered as discovering wealth flowing into our home from the outside; and we bring it inside turning it back right side and hanging the FU. This symbolises receiving of wealth.

4. What you had mentioned is NOT the proper method; as it is only part of the above "ritual".

5. As for Spring hanging at the back door, not a common thing especially for other Chinese dialect groups. China has more than100 over dialect groups all over and there are definitely many, many practises.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Thanks Master Cecil. My follow up question is, is leaving them upside down from inside the home (inside the main door)causes a leak in fortune?

I have the idea that the Chinese word for 'arrive' and 'upside down' is "Dao," so it is kind of clever pun, the idea of"Luck and Spring has arrived." So Master is this OK, or stilltheir physical symbolism of turning them right-side upis better?

Warm regards...

• Staff

1. Frankly, I had illustrated the significance of first placing on the outside of the door and why it was taken in, later and "put" right (right side up).

2. Anything else, is entire up to you. If you still feed good about what you are doing and have or can justify what you thing is good, then go ahead with it.

3. As such things - or for such things: there is no right or wrong answers.

Yin Long L. wrote:

Thanks Master Cecil. My follow up question is, is leaving them upside down from inside the home (inside the main door)causes a leak in fortune?

I have the idea that the Chinese word for 'arrive' and 'upside down' is "Dao," so it is kind of clever pun, the idea of"Luck and Spring has arrived." So Master is this OK, or stilltheir physical symbolism of turning them right-side upis better?

Warm regards...