About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Location for Potrait of a Deceased Family Member

myfs_140859

Dear Mr. Cecil Lee:

May be hanging the portrait of a deceased family member is not advised in Feng Shui (I don't know but I guess), however, I would like to hung my loving mother's potrait in my newly bought apartment.

Could you advise me which direction or position or room would be suitable for the same?

With much thanks,

Regards,

Kavita

Sponsored Link

• Staff

1. The Chinese, I believe are one of the few or the only ones that "dot" the eyes of portaits. For example, when my grandfather passed away in the 1960's; you can see that his (the deceased) portait has it's eyes dotted under this link:-

http://cgi.geomancy.net/mypictures/cgi-bin/mypictures.cgi?action=view&link=Celebrations_And_Festivals/Funeral_in_the_1960s&image=painteyes1.jpg&img=8&tt=

2. Usually, once such portaits have their eyes dotted, one has to take extra care in the placement of such a portait.

3. Many photos of our deceased have not gone thru an elaborate "ceremony" as mentioned; above.

3. Here are some guidelines when placing a portait

3.1. Avoid placing the portait facing or looking directly towards a toilet.

3.2. Where possible, the portait should not share the same wall as a toilet.

3.3. If it is placed on an altar (where the standard height should be approximately 49 3/4 inches in height) if it is not this height or another higher "auspicious" height, it should not face the dining table - under such circumstances.

3.4. If one stays at ground floor or 2nd level; avoid placing the portait such that passer-by can have a "glimse" of it.

3.5. Avoid the portait facing a main entrance door or kitchen door way.

3.6. Avoid placing the portait in any (sleeping) bedroom(s).

3.7. One of the best locations is a quite place such as in the FAMILY ROOM area or a "quieter" place.

3.8. The portait can be placed on the 2nd or even 3rd level of the home.

3.9. As mentioned under para 3.7. best to be placed in a FAMILY room. And last resort in a study room. If one has several study areas, it can be placed in the less used area.

There are more, but these are the main points.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net