About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Sink Position

myfs_139411

I have placed my stove at Liu Sha(6 Killings) facing my good direction?

1) Where should the sink be placed? Should it be also placed at the worst direction facing the good direction?

2) How about the exhaust fan? what element is it? Where should it be aligned to at the kitchen area?

Thank you and happy new year to everyone.

Sponsored Link

Just to clarify, I'm an EAST group person and my house is facing North.

I'm currently rennovating my kitchen and have come across this forum that mentioned stove should sit on the worst direction facing the good direction. Since i'm in Kua#4, I have positioned my stove in the WEST direction facing the EAST direction. My problem now is where should I position the SINK, EXHAUST FAN, the Microwave, and the Refrigerator?

Please help.

Thank you.

• Staff

1. It is a good start to see if it is feasible to use the Compass School to see if the stove can have the correct facing direction.

2. Frankly, it is not possible to comprehend an entire layout just by reading between these lines: "My problem now is where should I position the SINK, EXHAUST FAN, the Microwave, and the Refrigerator?".

Susan J. wrote:
Just to clarify, I'm an EAST group person and my house is facing North.

I'm currently rennovating my kitchen and have come across this forum that mentioned stove should sit on the worst direction facing the good direction. Since i'm in Kua#4, I have positioned my stove in the WEST direction facing the EAST direction. My problem now is where should I position the SINK, EXHAUST FAN, the Microwave, and the Refrigerator?

Please help.

Thank you.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

Susan J. wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for the response.

Ideally, where should the sink, exhaust fan be placed, should it be:
1) good direction facing good direction
2) bad direction facing good direction
3) good direction facing bad direction
4) bad direction facing bad direction

1. None of the above. Please note that a sink is not govern under the same ruleset as a stove.

2. These are some considerations:-

2.1. For a stove, it is preferred (Nice-to) have even number of hobs - if possible e.g. 4 hobs instead of 3.

2.2. The count has more to do with traditional stoves with hobs: and does not refer to induction type or flat surface type of stove.

3. Sink:

3.1. More importantly, the stove should not FACE the sink.

3.2. Nice to have the stove - if possible not located at 2o Year Flying star numbers: Water Star #8 or Water Ster #1 sector. And it is equally important if possible to avoid the stove directly at either or Mountain or Water star #3 sector.

3.3. If the stove is on a straight line or share the same panel or side with the sink; best that it be separated by at least 17 inches or 43cm.

3.4. All standard kitchen cabinet is 2 ft width.

3.5. Traditionally, the place where the stove sits on is higher than the sink. Nowadays, especially in Singapore, the stove and sink sits on the same cabinet height level therefore; this is no longer of prime importance.

3.6. In the past, the stove sits on the cabinet height (from floor to table top) at 34 inches. While the sink seats

34 inches but less than 35 inches.

4. Please note that a fridge is considered a metal element and no issue having it face the sink or the stove.