About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Removal of Stone God Statue

myfs_139411

Dear Master,

We bought a house recently and there's a God figurine installed at the NW
facing the SE of the house . I would like to know when is the best date and time to remove it and what should be the procedure prior removing it? Should we buy a white cloth to cover it before start dismantling the stone house shelter of the god?

My husband and I, my son all belong to East group. My daughter belongs to the West group.

Gua Number 4 - Husband

Gua Number 4 - Wife
Gua Number 1 - Son
Gua Number 8 - Daughter

Are there any cures for this?

Sponsored Link

Dear Master,

Just to make it clear that the statue is a figure of Mother Mary which was left by the previous owner. This statue is being lighted and prayed by the previous owner, but was left there when the previous owner sold the house to us.

The statue is currently housed in a stone built cave-like shape that is attached to the perimeter wall. Used candles and matches are left by the previous owner on top of the stone cave. We didnt touch this one yet. As we're rennovating the house, we'll be letting go of the statue. The previous owner asked us to return the statue to her once we dismantle it. Also, what is the proper way of storing it, if it was already dismantled and the previous owner has not picked it up?

Our house is facing the North.

Worried.Crying or Very sad

• Staff

1. Frankly, there is no major issue, just continue to safe-keep the Virgin Mary figure and occassionally remind the previous owner to remove it since they are the onces that request for it's return.

2. If you want to, as a last resort, tell them that say by two months time; if it is not collected, then you have no choice but to dispose of it.

3. Many Christians often mistake the Catholic practise of "respecting" Virgin Mary. When Catholics "pray" to Virgin Mary, it is just a mark of respect for the mother of Jesus, that's all. It's a pity that many Christian elders use this as "ammunition" that this is some kind of "devil worship" - which frankly, in my opinion is not true.

4. For example, in Singapore, it is truly a pity. Some parents remain free-thinkers or buddhist. And their children subsequently converted into Christianity. And these children are told and even "refuse" to hold joss-sticks to offer their last prayers to their deceased parent. Catholics are more open, and if told to do so, they do so willingly. Holding joss-sticks to the dead to many Chinese is just a mark of respect and not worship in this sense.

5. In my opinion, I feel that amongst all; the Catholics are the most tolerant amongst all "Chirstians". Sorry, for the side-track.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

Frankly, even for Catholics, why is there so much concern of taboos especially for dismantling and post mantling?

For regilious matters, since you are Catholic, you easily just approach your church elders (fathers or sisters) if you are still so concern about such things.