About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Apartment with a few Feng Shui issues to clarify

myfs_141770

Hi Master Lee

My cousin has strongly recommended me to your website and I have learnt a lot from your advice given to the forum members. It's hard to find a perfect houseand I come to accept that my home sure has some flaws. However, as I learnt more, I became more worried about my HDB home layout.

I hope you can help give me some advice to remedy the flaws. My Kua number is 2 (4 Feb 1972) and Iwish to clarify4 Feng Shui issues which I need your remedy advice. Referring to the attached layout plan. ** The house direction (living room) is not facing directly east but slightly south east, but more inclinced on the east.

1. I amconfused about the "main door" direction, whether it is the main door or the living room windows. If I based on the main door, the North West direction is one of my auspicious direction. But if I based on the living room windows, it's one of my inauspicious direction.

2. Part of the kitchen is located at North West sector and part of it is locatedat South West sector. Is this considered a bad kitchen location? The stove is located at the west wall. What can I do to minimise the negative effects?

2. There is a missing corner which comprises a small area of North East sector and the rest in the North West area, I understand this is bad especially on the North West sector and you have mentioned about concave mirrors can help, which is the best position to place the concave mirror?

3. When I draw the diagonal lines across the 4 corners to get the centre of the house (please correct me if I draw wrongly), the intersection is pointing to the toilet wall. Is this fine or there is some remedy which can help?

I look forward to hearing from you and appreciate your kind advice. Thanks.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

1. In my opinion, your determination of centrepoint or known as "centre of gravity" is pretty accurate.

2. Attached, please find the "fine-tuned" centrepoint which is just one or two feet away from your proposed centrepoint.

3. The rule-of-thumb method of finding the centrepoint is often to match as close as possible protusions vs missing areas by area. See attachment.

4. A crude method is to photo-copy the layout plan. Paste it onto a cardboard. Cut-out the outline. And try to balance the entire cardboard on a piece of nail. The point where the entire cut-out-carboard balances onto the nail is known as the centre-of-gravity. Suspected to be as shown in the attachment.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

1. Singapore is at the equator (or close to the equator). Thus, the geographical north and magnetic north is very close to each other.

2. All street-directory maps (all over the world) is based on Geographic north. That is when one turns to look at a streetdirectory map, north or zero degrees is directly at the "top".

3. Take this simple example: see attachment. A block of flat is called Block 210 with the facing direction of the block marked.

4. Using a protractor, one can easily determine accurately the facing direction of this block of flat i.e. in this example, the block is facing 330 degrees North. And under Flying Star Feng Shui this direction fits into North-West 3 direction = 330 degrees (which fallsbetween 322.5 to 337.4 degrees).

Thanks Master Lee, I feel much relieved that the centre is not pointing to the toilet. I certainly look forwardfor your further advice on the partly NW kitchen, and part missing corner.

Due to my home directions are not the direct east or direct south east,I get confused on the kitchen location which overlap betweenthe north west sector and south west sector, which gives me a headache. And to make it worst, I find difficulty of where to place a concave mirror to remedy the missing NW corner.

• Staff

Attached, please see illustration on the best location for the concave mirror:-

1. The best location is around "waist" level which is often immediately below the frame of the window sill.

2. Not just this illustration; but be-ware! All concave mirror(s) must not exceed 3 1/2 inches else may result in frequent quarrels in the household.

3. In addition, cannot be too greedy: Placing more than ONE concave mirror.

4.In theattached illustration; avoid placing it anywhere within the "purple" coloured zone.

Hi Master Lee, thanks for your advice on the size of mirror to place just outside the window as marked by you in the diagram. That direction is facing the lift / lift lobby area, I hope there are no conflicts.

Mykitchen is partially located in north west sector and partially located in south west sector, does this mean that this kitchen still has issue as long as part of it is located in north west sector? Or is there any further explanation to kitchen with partial location in north west sector? Besides placing more stainless steel pots/woks on the stove or placing of plants (not sure where is best place to put in kitchen, opposite the stove?), are there any other remedies?

Come to think of it, there are so many different "water" or "fire"kitchen appliances (ie. basin, freezer, washing machine, stove, microwave oven),and given the limitations of size and shape (ie. rectangular) ofmy kitchen, it's a challenge to think of a way where the water and fire element appliance are not directly adjacent to each other or opposite each other. I understand that ideally a fire/water applicance should be in L shape located to each other, but there are only 2 L shape corners to my kitchen. Or does it mean that as long as the water/fire appliances are a certain distance from each other, it's fine also?Or is there any other rule of thumb to follow?

• Staff

Stephen W. wrote:
Hi Master Lee, thanks for your advice on the size of mirror to place just outside the window as marked by you in the diagram. That direction is facing the lift / lift lobby area, I hope there are no conflicts.

1. It is always good to share more information. As my earlier advice was simply based purely on a 2D layout plan and "best placement". Since that direction is facing the lift/lift lobby area, then there is indeed a conflict i.e. in this instance, may not be appropriate to place it there.

Stephen W. wrote:
Mykitchen is partially located in north west sector and partially located in south west sector, does this mean that this kitchen still has issue as long as part of it is located in north west sector? Or is there any further explanation to kitchen with partial location in north west sector? Besides placing more stainless steel pots/woks on the stove or placing of plants (not sure where is best place to put in kitchen, opposite the stove?), are there any other remedies?

Stephen W. wrote:
Come to think of it, there are so many different "water" or "fire"kitchen appliances (ie. basin, freezer, washing machine, stove, microwave oven),and given the limitations of size and shape (ie. rectangular) ofmy kitchen, it's a challenge to think of a way where the water and fire element appliance are not directly adjacent to each other or opposite each other. I understand that ideally a fire/water applicance should be in L shape located to each other, but there are only 2 L shape corners to my kitchen. Or does it mean that as long as the water/fire appliances are a certain distance from each other, it's fine also?Or is there any other rule of thumb to follow?

Frankly, quick one glance at the above... and that's it!Imagine, try to apply a job with the same technique......