About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Advice needed: Altar table & Pond Facing & Sector

myfs_141454

Sponsored Link

• Staff

These are some considerations:-

1. The first choice for the altar is indicated in BRIGHT YELLOW in the attachment. However, at this location, it is strongly recommended to use those standard altars purchased from most suppliers: where the altar height is around 49 3/4 inches (thereabouts). As it has to face the "dining table".

2. The 2nd best choice is also shown in the attachment under "2ND". However, there should at least be a gap of around 2 to 3 feet between the edge of the altar and the TV console area (if the TV console is mounted at this location).

3. In the attachment; there is also a YELLOW circle with the words "3" in red. This is usually another spot for the altar. However, if there are windows and if they are not drawn down; this location is not auspicious as the afternoon sun shines towards the altar e.g. Guan Yim "figurine".

4. Your orginal location marked in RED is not the best location as often the altar is either "sitting as shown under first choice" or under Para 2, much like those police guards stationed in a box guarding those who stand in the home. Much like those Singapore Minister's home where they have a guard room just outside their main door.

5. As for the water feature, for an apartment, it is best to plot out the Flying Star chart and check where is the WATER STAR #8. This is the best location if it happens to be the balcony area. Or some other stars like water star #1 or if that sector has bad #5 stars which a water position MAY be used to drown it. Otherwise, asking me now, is also like - I have to throw a dice and give you an answer based on it.. You want such answers or not? It is a guess!

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Dear Master,

Many thanks for your valuable advise. I will change the position straight away tml early morning.

how i get the facing is, i stand in front of my balcony where it faces the outside with the roads and as advise from your recommendation to get the facing from the yang qi...

therefore base on my layout attached below is it suitable to have the fish pond

the attach is the flying star i generated using your free tools

• Staff

1. In addition to what I had mentioned, earlier about the altar; this illustration shows whether it is better to place the altar "INWARDS" towards human activities in our home e.g. where the god - figurine could look or peep into our various bedrooms, toilets, kitchen and yard.

2. While facing "OUTWARDS" simply means away from most of such activities. Overlooking our living room or dining is traditionally fine or OK.

3. NOTE: CHINESE & EVEN THE PLACEMENT OF THE INDIAN (ROOM WITH ALTAR GODS)PUJA (POOJA) IS BEST NOT TO BE LOCATED AT THE NE (DEVIL'S GATE)
AND SW (DEVIL'S BACKDOOR). FOR THE CHINESE, A LUOPAN CAN BE USED IF ALTAR IS PLACED IN THESE
TWO LOCATIONS.

4. For Roman Catholics, theirs is only a simple "altar" and often, many Chinese Roman Catholics try to orientate their altar "outwards" if possible. Although there are no rule of thumb for them.

5. Another illustration, shows what is known as "The Sentry Post" altar position. See attachment. Just imagine you have a 24hours guard post guarding the entrance to your bedrooms

• Staff

1. More information about locating the Altar

1.1. As a rule of thumb; the best position as mentioned for the altar is always at a location known as "Sitting on the mountain, facing the water" position. Here, it means the best location was as highlighed in RED marking number "1 ".

1.2. Location marked in RED number "3" is known as the "last resort - Sitting on the mountain, facing the water" if Para 1.1. is found unsuitable. However, for this layout plan; there is another issue: the "direct" afternoon sunlight glare - that should not "pierce" the god figurine. Else imagine "it has to wear sunglasses of sorts.

1.3. Often, between having the altar face "inwards" i.e. facing one's home such as the kitchen, oversee the bedrooms; it is always best that the altar; instead face "outwards". For example, under marking in RED number "2" and if there is no sunlight glare from the afternoon sun or if this is controlled; at RED number "3".

2. Based on the Flying star chart; it should be the typical Period 7, NW 2 /3 chart. This chart reminds me of the heydays especially around 2001 to 2003; where suddenly with another chart North 2 /3 where during those days; "strangely" many of the visits were to homes afflicted by these charts - as luck began to drain especially for those doing own business.

3. The rationale especially for NW 2/3 is that the water star #8 (current prosperity) star is trapped at the centre of the home i.e.signify small luck or no luck.

4. Given that at your balcony has the Mountain star #8 withthe auspicious water star #1

4.1. where #8 = current prosperity star (auspicious mountain)
and #1 = future, future prosperity star (auspicious water)

4.2. A proper water feature with all the five elementsis the best for such a location especially if the water feature at least have:

- mountain in the form of square or rectangular e.g. fiberglass base and earth materials - to try to activate the very auspicious #8 mountain star.

- not forgetting that to activate the water star #1; a proper full feature water fountain as found under this example:-

Resource: On what makes a good water feature: http://fountain.geomancy.net Para 2.1 to 2.12

• Staff

1. Of course, we are not able to choose the interior layout plan of our home.

2. This layout plan is considered as "altar" friendly:-

2.1. As the altar is quite close to the centrepoint of the apartment. Thus, there is no such thing as it is located at the inauspicious NE (Devil's gate) and SW (Devil's back door).

2.2. It is also at a location known as "The Sentry Post". Plus for this illustration: the alter is seating at the mountain (wall) facing the water (overlooking the window).

2.3. Often when the altar is located at such a location, directly behind it : the wall or the shared wall; should not place a bed-head behind this wall. For this layout plan, highly unlikely as it would be a wardrope which is perfectly fine!

3. The altar close to the centrepoint is by far the best placing - if the layout plan permits such a situation!

4. Hope that everyone has sufficient information of roughly where is a good place to site the altar.

Thank you master,

I have locate the altar table to 1.1 as advised.

Yes i am doing business, does it mean this house is not suitable ?

4.2-

Yes mine is the fibreglass koi pond with 3 kois in it (1 separate out due to sickness)

As for the #1 star, think its my study room where most of time i be managing my business in it. Is it suitable as i can't put a water in it. What is the best way to activate it ?

thank you very much for your advise

• Staff

1. Generally, this new position looks OK. As the fridge is not directly facing it nor it's doors. So this is acceptable given the small size of the unit.

2. I had already mentioned; the better placement is in RED number "1" or number "2" in an early message.

3. Usually your or the altar is at around 49 3/4 inches height and this is sustainable even with the altar over-looking a dining table : which is very common in a landed property environment.

4. One last point is that : we can only try our best to place the altar at an "acceptable" location or a location that is suppose to be better than the LAST location.

4.1. Other than this; we have to remember that a home or an apartment is a place for us to live in - for what we hope to have a cozy home.

4.2 And our home is not a museum: where this cannot; that cannot.. then why don't we go and live in a hotel instead?