About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Flying Star analysis and bad sector(s)

myfs_144104

Hi, wanted to clarify some concepts I've gleaned from this useful website. To neutralize/correct any bad sector of a house (according to the flying star analysis), is it right to consider how each element interacts with each other? And if all fails, one can try to introduce 1 or 2 elements to "balance" the flow?

1. Will two stars of conflicting elements neutralize each other's effects, even if both are bad stars, e.g. Star 2 (Earth) and Star 3 (Wood), since Wood destroys Earth, or Star 6 (Metal) and Star 5 (Earth), since Metal feeds on Earth and neutralize it?

2. If one has Water Star 2 (Earth), Mountain Star 3 (Wood), Base Star 5 (Earth), and Year Star 6 (Metal), is it ok to have a water fountain (water) and a lamp with red shade (fire) in the same sector?

div>

Sponsored Link

• Staff

These are some of the considerations:-

1. Previously, I had touched on the topic "Lowest Common Denominator": The Five elements concept and Flying Star Feng Shui and even Bazi uses the LCM in relation to the Five elements concept.

2. Do a search under this forum on "Lowest Common Denominator or LCM".

3. Flying Star numbers are able to be identified as strong or weak. For example #7 = weak metal ; while #6 = strong metal. And the LCM is The Five Elements concept.

4. The Five elements concept has two key models: The Productive and The Destructive(or Wealth/Power Authoritycreation) model.

5. Since you are so interested in this area; the key essence or success factor is simply : the Mastery of the Lowest common denominator: THE FIVE ELEMENTS CONCEPT.

6. And the wonderful thing about this concept that usually there are a few alternatives to the interaction of two or more elements under the five elements.

7. Often, or even a few months ago; someone attach some advice given on site A ; and another advice from site B which is different from site A and/or B. And to this person; two and two does not seem correct. As there are many roads that lead to ROME; there are so many ways to go about applying an element or elements.

8. By the Way (BTW); what you had written would make more sense if each element can be futher fine tuned to either: being strong or weak. For example, there is a vast diference between say strong earth and weak earth. Thus I feel, this is crucial, yet.. it is not there in your writing in this thread.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Thanks Master Lee!

If I get it correctly, for example, for productive cycle involving Stars 2, 3, 5, and 6, we have:

Star 2 (strong Earth) & Star 5 (strong Earth) -

Star 6 (strong Metal) -
Water -
Star 3 (strong Wood) -
Fire

Hence we can add some Metal to exhaust the two bad strong earth stars (and create Water/wealth). And to balance the bad strong Wood, we should have some strong Fire (e.g. red lamp shade/floor mat). To complete the productive cycle, we can introduce a water fountain (yang water, strong water). Does this analysis make sense. As to what you have mentioned about alternatives to the interaction of the elements, the last step is not a must-have, but an option to complete a (strong) productive cycle.

Another question, when should we use a Productive Cycle or Destructive Cycle? Cos' both cycles can control/destruct bad stars and create balance of the elements. v>

According to the Destructive Cycle:

Star 6 (strong Metal) x- Star 3 (strong Wood) x-
Star 2 (strong Earth) & Star 5 (strong Earth) x-
Water x-
Fire

which I think is harder to manage, because you need stronger Wood to destroy two strong Earth stars, but yet you have strong Metal that destroys the strong Wood.

It seems like using Productive Cycle is more "compassionate" than Destructive Cycle anyway.iv>

• Staff

1. Yes, I am not going to go thru your workings.

2. As mentioned, previously; now some of us understand that what we learn even in Primary School is relevant or can be applied to real life: The Lowest Common Denominator or commonly known as L.C.M.

3. There are several ways of looking at either the use of The Productive cycle and/or the Destructive cycle. One of them is thru an individual and his bazi.

4. The best way to view whether the productive cycle or destructive cycle is good can be drawn from the Ba zi of an individual.

4.1. For example: If a person is considered as a Strong Metal Person, and based on the Five Elements Concept:

4.1.1. His Career with wealth is wood. As metal destroys wood to create wealth.

4.1.2. While his career with power and authority is also based on the destructive cycle e.g. Fire destroys metal to create wealth.

4.1.3. While his career that does not lead to great wealth or power is the water element. Thus,for an individual; who does notyearnto be very competitive or either very money minded may choose the middle ground or not go into business. Thistypeof career is like in the past; in a communist country where, you report to work in a factory, do your job, get your remuneration, go home - suchas a mundane career.

5. In the above example; one can see that under Para 4.1.1 and 4.1.2; "exciting" or "rewarding" careers (other than perhaps to some is challenge to others they strive on stress) these two careers fall within the "destructive" cycle.

6. Like the saying goes; without FIRE, one cannot melt or refine metals such as : gold; platinium and even rare elements.

7. Academically, I have many thoughts on this and other examples; but this is only pure academic and I am too busy with real life situations to continue, adding more boring academic talk on this subject.

8. As I had mentioned previously, the key success factor is simply : the Mastery of Five Elements Concept (full stop) as it is the basis of or the L.C.M. mother or father of all analytical wisdom!

• Staff

Further to what I had mentioned,thereare some other considerations:-

1. In theory, certain elements can be used to either enhance or neutralise a sector.

2. For inauspicious sector(s); the "ideal academic" cure is to completely neutralise the bad or bad elements # in a specific sector.

3. While in some instances, we can not only neutralise but enhance that sector or again the key is the balance in a sector.

4. The rationale why, I don't really want to go thru each and every detail of such postings.. for example, you had written down certain assumptions; there is really no end to the number of configurations be it thru the productive or destructive cycle.

5. In real life situation; some cures are better than others : and many Geomancers have to consider this. For example: a "cure" for a bedroom is different from a cure for a balcony or living room or even a toilet in a premise i.e. one can't just hang a wind chime in a bedroom.

6. For almost every sector that is out of balance; there are often at least two different "cures" or ways to neutralisea sector. Often, in the past, received a question of why does this Geomancer use this cure. While another use a different cure. This is thanks to the flexibility originating from the productive and destructive cycle.

7. Another consideration is the flow of qi. Many real world Geomancers: real people, real homes : have to study the qi flow in any of their clients home or bedroom and especially where are the openings in a bedroom; the type of windows e.g. sliding glass or casement type; where is the room door, where are spots where there are dead qi.

8. Thus in my opinion, one can draw or in theory, write up a so called "perfect" prescription to a bedroom ; for example what you had written about #2 ... this...etc... and in this real world.... it may not work!

9. Furthermore, in this day and age; applying and practising Feng Shui can be different from say in the 1960's to 1980's. For example, thanks to the internet; sites like this don't need to ever advertise; word or mouth or from the spew of tons of resources..

10. Today, we Geomancers are serving more clients than anyone in the 1960's or 1980's can dream off. Best is that we don't just serve people in a small area i.e. own country but literally get to travel to all continents and for those who can't fly us there; use modern links like sms, e-mails and web portals.