About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

ARE BRASS BEDS OK FOR A COUPLE TO USE AND IF NOT..

myfs_90099

Sponsored Link

• Staff

These are some of the considerations:-

1. Long long time ago; beds are commonly made of wood. Even with the wealthy; wood beds are the most common if not the "only" material used. Given that other materials e.g. metal is either rare or not in-use many centuries ago.

2. Conductivity:

2.1. The idea, here is that wood is a poor conductor of both heat and cold. This is why; the preference is to use parquet flooring in many "luxury" homes.

2.2. In Singapore; 99.9 percent of all condo bedrooms use some kind of wood: be it parquet flooring or layered wood surface. Why?

2.3. The simple idea is that in the morning; when "barefeet" when we wake up and step onto the floor; it should not be "stone-cold". Everyone in the west or cold countries do understand this. That is why, some use carpeting and or even heating built into the floor.

2.4. Some practitioners "put-two-and-two" together and have the idea that a brass bed is no good; because; it cools down relationship: as metal is a good conductivity of cold or heat.

3. Frankly, this idea is relatively new concept since brass bed is only more common from the 1950's onwards.. Else, if it is in the 1940's for heaven's sake; metal was melted to create war machines or bullets to kill the other guy.

4. In war times; citizens of Britain also hand over metal objects to be melted down. And here; whoever sleeps on a brass bed is either thick skinned or truly too anti-war person.

5. In my opinion; if one analyse carefully, only the main structure of the brass bed is metallic; many of the support "spring" uses pieces of wood to support the matress.

6. Look at it this way; it is not like one is sleeping "on a bed of nails" or something like that. Other than the legs and the bed-head brass outline; other parts are mostly hidden from view.

7. I personally feel that toying around with 50-50 whether it is good to use or not to use the brass bed is only a very small issue. There are better things to do!

8. The other argument to counter the senario by some that the brass bed is "cold" so it will cool down the partners sleeping on the bed. Here, one plus point is that at least one has metal in the bedroom. And metal element is suitable to neutralise many bad stars e.g. #5, #2 etc...

9. Frankly, there is no right or wrong answer, here. Perhaps, if one is too free; then may conduct a survey with divorcess e.g. One question asked is: During your previous marriage; what type of bed are you sleeping on?

Multiple choice:
1. Brass bed
2. Wood bed
3. sleep on the floor
4. sleep with someone else... forgot what bed it was...

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

Further to what I had mentioned; these are some other considerations:-

1. Even if we do want to collect statistics on how many own brass beds and then split up; the statistics can be misleading:-

1.1. For example, a young couple; having to secure loan on their home; car and have max their credit card.. Yet, still use credit money to buy the brass bed. Some brass beds are not cheap as compared to wooden bed.

1.2. It is a well known fact that "couples" in $$$$$ debt; have a high chance of split up!

1.3. Compare the same queen sized bed at Ikea with a similar brass bed and the price difference is quite huge.

1.4. Some Geomancers; blame of all things: crystal's screwed onto the brass bed as being incompatible to having "water" in the bedroom.

1.5. For the Chinese; it is a well known fact that many Chinese don't like some of the or in-fact most of the traditional brass bed-head design as it looks liek the profile of a Chinese casket.

2. Thus, brass bed is relatively new "invention". China has a 5,000 year history and for most part of it; even when one goes to visit the forbidden city; the emperor's bed is made of carved wooden bed and not brass bed.

3. If I stay in a high spot and prone to lightning strike; I won't want to sleep on a brass bed for heaven's sake! Don't want to be first in the world to get strike by lighting on a bed...

4. There are many more examples.. on the brass bed vs wooden bed...

5. One thing is for sure; Singaporeans especially youngsters or those who started owning their first home and doing Feng Shui; I have yet to come across any of these 1,000's of clients having a brass bed.

6. As I mentioned; newly married have a responsiblity in managing their finances.

7. However, it is not the same for middle aged clients. Under this category; I do encounter like: roughly1 out of 80 having a brass or gold plated bed.

8. Here again; commonsense prevail that thesegroup under Para 7;in Singapore, have sufficient cash reserves and more importantly; their children had grown up. and thusthere is no more young children to jump up and down their bed...

9. For safety consideration, if given no choice; better to get hit on the head by a wooden structure than by brass...

10. Lastly, given an elderly person like myself; I would weigh the consideration: If I am living near a water position such as a canal; there is a higher chance of termite infestation...

10.1 Either, I would invest in a solid good quality bed.. that has been treated against termite or here, no choice - a fail safe "brass type" of bed. Have you heard of termites attacking "brass beds?"

10.2 In such a situation (termite attack) I would not even consider Ikea furniture... just imagine having a good night rest and suddenly, the whole bed drops down on the floor... Worse still those beds where you climb up to sleep and below you is the work area...

11. There are lots more... I can think about.. this issue of "brass bed".. but... there are better things or quality time to be spent on other areas.

12. Just use your imagination and I believe... one can up with lots more...

• Staff

Csar Ritz (born 1850 to 1918) was a famous founder of several hotels. Notably, The Hotel Ritz in Paris.

In short, there was a hygiene scare when the hotel opened. During those days the hotel has valvet wall paper and heavy drape curtains and shared toilets.

WhenRitz tookcharge of the hotel; he made sure thateach hotel room hasit's own toilet. (At that time, most homes only have a shared toilet).

He made sure that hygiene was a top priority and hemake sure that the walls ofeach room were white-washed and atthe same time; he got brass beds installed in each of the hotel room.

His purpose for installing brass beds? To him, it is washable and more hygenic thanany other materials.

More about the man...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C%C3%A9sar_Ritz