About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Company logo - Strong wood and weak metal partners

myfs_136122

Hi,

I'm setting up a business related to education (teaching/ training) with a friend.
I'm of strong wood element (tiger year) and my partner is of weak metal (cow year).
I'm thinking of incorporating: yellow, brown & white colours with a drawing that "resembles" a dragon into our company logo; the body of the dragon has wavy lines to replace the scales ( I suppose wavy lines = water element) .

Will it be suitable for our business, my partner & I?
Looking forward to your advice.

Paul Wangchuk

Sponsored Link

• Staff

1. Technically, if one wants to match an animal sign with the other; then the logo of a dragon:-

1.1 Is Tiger compatible with Dragon:- YES!
http://www.lovesigns.net/horoscope/areference/ctidr.htm

Considered a very good pairing.

1.2 Is Ox (Cow) compatible with Dragon:- NO!
http://www.lovesigns.net/horoscope/areference/coxdr.htm

1.3 If one wants to use a prominent logo like the dragon; and the dragon happens to be one of the 12 Chinese zodiac signs then you may have to refer to the above.

Paul W. wrote:
Hi,

I'm setting up a business related to education (teaching/ training) with a friend.
I'm of strong wood element (tiger year) and my partner is of weak metal (cow year).
I'm thinking of incorporating: yellow, brown & white colours with a drawing that "resembles" a dragon into our company logo; the body of the dragon has wavy lines to replace the scales ( I suppose wavy lines = water element) .

Will it be suitable for our business, my partner & I?
Looking forward to your advice.

Paul Wangchuk

2. The yellow (earth) and white (metal) colours are suitable for both of you.

2.1. However since you mentioned that you are a strong wood element then you should try to avoid using brown. As brown is considered as a wood element and would further inflame strong wood element which is not ideal.

2.2. Here, one can subsitute with the fire element: red, pink or purple.

2.3. Thus for both of you; the best colours are:-

Metal (White or silver or gold) = beneficial for both of your element
Earth (Yellow, cream or beige) = beneifical for both of you element
Fire (Red, pink or purple) = benefits only yourself (strong wood)

2.4. You may have to scrap the use of the dragon as wavy = water but water further inflames or fuels strong wood which is not favourable for yourself and even your partner.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Thanks very much for your advice. I'll scrap the dragon & wavy lines from my Co. logo.

I suppose the red colour in the combination will make earth (yellow colour) stronger thus allowing weak metal (my partner) to grow as well. In that case, metal will destroy wood to create wealth? Am I right?

I'm thinking of using earth yellow to encircle (as in a rushing comet in a ring formation circling the red) red, my company name will be in white resting on the red which is inside the yellow ring (comet). Is it ok?

Best regards

Paul Wangchuk

I've read some of your posts in this portal and it had cleared away some of my misconceptions. Just that there is this one area about destruction & growth of elements which I need clarification:

My post:
"I suppose the red colour in the combination
will make earth (yellow colour) stronger thus allowing weak metal (my
partner) to grow as well. In that case, metal will destroy wood to
create wealth?
"

Your reply:
"Technically, makes sense.
"

Base on the above existing elements, am I right to say: since metal destroys wood (myself & our education business) due to the resulting growth in metal, it'll only destroy the excess wood element , thus creating a balance of wood element benefiting myself & my education business; it'll not destroy my wood element completely or my business?

If so, does that mean base on that 5-element concept, it may not necessarily be a bad thing if your element is in "conflict" with another element?

Greatly appreciate your patience.

Best regards

Paul Wangchuk

• Staff

Technically, it makes perfect sense.

Paul W. wrote:

My post:

Base on the above existing elements, am I right to say: since metal destroys wood (myself & our education business) due to the resulting growth in metal, it'll only destroy the excess wood element , thus creating a balance of wood element benefiting myself & my education business; it'll not destroy my wood element completely or my business?

If so, does that mean base on that 5-element concept, it may not necessarily be a bad thing if your element is in "conflict" with another element?

Greatly appreciate your patience.

Best regards

Paul Wangchuk

Hi Mr Cecil,

Is it favourable to use yellow, orange and white colour for my Co. logo (education biz) instead? Since earth and metal are our favourable elements, and that red is not favourable for my partner (weak metal ox) , is it ok to replacered with orange colour(earth?)?

My analysis is that:

(yellow & orange) Earth -

promotes metal growth -
white colour also adds to metal growth -
benefits weak metal ox, destroy my excess wood element; resulting metal element destroys wood element (education) to create wealth. So I suppose it's ok for me to remove red (fire element) from my Co. logo?

Best regards.

Paul Wangchuk

• Staff

1. Your analysis is OK.

2. Just take note that usually Orange colour should be classified as under metal = gold element.

3. As three major dialect groups of the Chinese consider "orange" as gold:-

3.1. The Cantonese Dialect group (largest population outside of China, Guandong province) in Hong Kong and is 2nd largest Chinese population in Singapore: calls orange "KUM" or gold.

3.2. The Hokkien Dialect group (in Singapore is the largest dialect group) outside of China calls it "KIM" or also gold.

3.3. The Teochews (the third largest dialect group in Singapore) also calls it "KIM" or gold.

4. For example, many young couples or youngsters who visit their elders always bring a pair of mandarin oranges. They will hand the oranges to their elders (in the elder's home). In return, the elders would return them two oranges.

5. And the oranges = KUM or KIM in Cantonese, Hokkien (Fujian) and Teochews means GOLD.

6. Thus, rightfully, orange is best to be classified under gold. There are some oranges such as sunkist oranges - some of which looks yellow. And in this case, "yellow" orange should be considered as earth element.

7. My terms of reference is that of traditional mandarin oranges which is predominantly orange in colour.

8. Of course, there are more exotic oranges such as those blood red oranges that looks red on the outside and the pulp is also red. These are not the normal sort of oranges. Thus we are not talking about these.