About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

staircase outside main door leading down

myfs_145365

Hi Mr. Lee,

I've recently purchased a new flat. There is a staircase aligned outside my main door. The stairs are leading down. However, there is a door, with a slit of glass, for the staircase.

Is this good or bad fengshui (a pointed arrow?)? If it's bad, are there any ways to counter this? I prefer not to use ba kua or potted plants.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

1. In many countries, under the Fire safety requirement; all exit staircase doors must be closed. To ensure that in the unlikely event of a fire; heat and smoke does not get into the stair-case air-well to allow for safe evacuation.

2. Thus, in your case, you have the "right" to have the staircase door closed.

3. Usually, such doors have a fire rating. In Singapore, the stand is around 1/2 hour fire-rated door.

4. Perhaps, your door with a glass fixture is in the past; as nowadays, all new buildings don't have this glass panel.

5. In this case, this is what you had wanted.. and if so, no need for the other "accessories" for your home.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

Frankly, it is always easier to give a sketch or a photo. Else, as mentioned in many of the forum messages, can easily misunderstand questions. And I don't have to ponder or visualise and sometimes like this get it wrong. This is very unproductive.

• Staff

1. Thanks for the sketch.

2. If it is still a set of staircase for any block of flats; it is suppose to be a fire escape stairway (area).

3. If so, under Singapore (and most other countries) fire safety code; the staircase door should be closed.

4. Thus, since there is all the more reason for this door to be closed; it should be fine. In this case, you don't need to place those item that you are not in favour of at your main door area.