About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

best color for a bedroom

myfs_145587

i want to paint my bedroom but i cant decide on a color, i was told my kua number is 6 west type and my lucky elements are metal(me) and soil(mom) so i should enhance the metal element and controlling the excces fire element in my chart by painting my room yellow or beige and using metalic accents.. do you think this is a good idea?

METAL 23
WATER 45
WOOD 63
EARTH 69
FIRE 156

Sponsored Link

• Staff

These are some of the considerations:

1. Between 1970's to 1985 thereabouts, many Geomancers simply check what is your bazi element (favourable colours) and simply or rudimentary advise you to use these (those) favourable colours of yours.

2. During that time, it is even very common to find a geomancer telling his client: you lack wood. And this client would make sure that his whole house is "full of wood".

3. If the above was so popular, should I follow this 1970's to 1985 trend?

4. Nowadays, Flying Star Feng Shui is no longer a "secret". And since the Flying Star Feng Shui is all about the birth-chart of the house;

5. It makes sense that even if one's bazi element or colours are such and such... it is best to harmonise it with the Flying Star chart of a specific room sector.

5.1. For example if the sector has Mountain Star #5 and Water #2. If the person's ba zi wealth colour is EARTH (Yellow); For this specific sector, it is best to avoid YELLOW colour even if it is considered suitable to the ba zi of that person.

5.2. Otherwise, just "faint ignorant" and go ahead and paint the room to your suitable colours. If it has been done in the 1970's to 1985 ...hmmmm.... hmmm...

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

These are some further considerations:-

1. For the novice or lay person or the "play safe" person; then go for neutral colours.

2. For example, under this Period 8 : 2004 to 2023; one of the best colours is light cream in various names e.g. barley white etc...

3. Under Period 7: 1984 to 2003; the best colour is white. White still remains a neutral colour.

4. Many people dislike "Feng Shui advice" especially if a Geomancer suggests different colours for the entire home. Thus, if one wants to choose a neutral colour can "play safe" by selecting the favourite colour of some condos "light cream or beige" or the most popular term or variant is known as "barley white".

5. Thus, no headaches or heartaches.. go for this colour is fine.

• Staff

The only caution with using light cream or beige is; if say a bedroom is painted light cream or beige; and the ceiling lights is also "warm yellowish" lighting.

If so, a bedroom that has any of the following combinations of 20 Year Flying Star numbers:-

Mountain star = #5 or #2 or #9 with
Water star = #5 or #2 or #9 with

In such a situation, the best "cure" is to use "cool daylight" lighting.

This is because "Warm white" or yellowish coloured light when turned on in a bedroom looks yellowish and this is further accentuated by the bedroom having light cream wall. Just imagine even when we wear a white shirt; when we turn on a "yellowish" lamp; the shirt looks "yellowish".

This is the only caution. If not sure? Then use WHITE wash wall paint. As white represents metal element.

What lesson can we learn from this?

If one frequently falls sick in a bedroom and uses warm white lighting; then on the safe side, reduce the problem by changing to cool day light light bulb.