About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Moving House Ritual

myhome_400

Sponsored Link

• Staff

These are some of the considerations:-

1. Please note that there is no perfect or academically correct procedure PURELY meant for Hokkiens.

2. Most of the procedures are passed down by elders.And again,someHokkiens got influenced byelders of different dialect groups.

3. And thus there is really no 100 percent pure hokkien procedures.

4. However, many others do use at least one major South-East Asia Hokkien procedure i.e. of throwing a pineapple into the home. As pineapple sounds like "Ong lie" or "Ong" = Huat or prosper.

5. Another Hokkien likes is the fa gua or Huat Quay as the connotation "Huat" means prosper.

6. The Cantonese belief in the 5 ghosts is also added in the form of 5 types of fruits in my procedure.

7. Thus the procedure which I had set out stretch between the First-time open door and things like stove - is carried forward towards the Move-in procedure. Some do the stove ritual on the First-time open door.

8. Some religious hokkiens, pray to "Tee Kong" or Heaven God by offering burnt paper etc..

9. If the procedure for, example, don't satisfy you then, try to check back with your parents or grand parents for more it.

10. The procedure listed by me has been done on a research basis that encompass not only Hokkiens but all major Chinese dialect group. And if were to disect the procedure.. symbolically it boils down to one key word: Placing of wealth into one's new home.

11. The link is at http://info.geomancy.net

12. For info, I am also a "PURE" hokkien ie. both parents Hokkien. So majority of what is useful for or of the hokkien has been incorporated into the above link. And the main emphaise of the procedures is that it has to be meaningful and easily performed by many young couples.

13. The saying goes... Hokkiens are the most "easy going" people. Contrast this to the Cantonese who have even more elaborate procedures e.g. boiling water on a stove outside the premises; and subsequently jumping in with the correct legs for male / female etc...

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Thanks for the quick reply master.

Btw is it really necessary to bring the stove (guo huo lo)?
If yes, can use the portable gas type?
Is it necessary to pray to "Tu Di Gong"?

1. I was told to bring the huo lo (gas lo also can), then every household member cross over it and must not be empty handed. (if cannot be empty handed, then what must we bring exactly)

2. Once enter the house, on all the lights, aircon and fan. Open the window and boil water.

3. sorry if this sounds stupid, Must i bring my dog along for the moving in ritual since he's considered part of the family?