About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

August Ghost Month

myfs_140026

Dear Lee Sifu,

My concern is, August is the ghost month and our home has its main door and windows facing the Northeast direction but we seldom open it except when welcoming guest or bringing in heavy objects like appliances.

Any advice in overcoming the strength of the Hungry Ghost month?

Thanks and warm regards.

Y.L. Lin

Sponsored Link

• Staff

These are some of the considerations:-

1. Contrary to popular belief or convention; actually not all days in a Chinese 7th month is inauspicious. Thus some days are very auspicious despite our concern of the "wondering ghosts" in the month.

2. Many homes where the living stay; and in many of the circumstances, "healthy" living beings (have our inner qi or chi) that or we call this sufficient Yang qi energy to "repel" such things.

3. In reality; many "ghosts" are even more scared of human beings then the other way around!

4. In the west, often a haunting occurs especially under some or all of the following conditions:-

4.1. Something really bad happened on that land e.g. a former home or a well was at that location and
4.2. Someone or a group of people had a disasterous calmity e.g. murder, hanging of sorts.
4.3. If it is an existing home where such a thing happen; often in the west; someone decided to buy the home and say renovate or remodel the home.
4.4. For example, a sensitive area of the home was disturbed; here unfortunately, the spirit will get angry and ...
4.5. In other situations; usually one or several or more spirits may be trapped in such a home. And there is an even more evil force that "controls" them. Much like those "satanic forces".

5. Under the above situation; many of the ghost busters would perform some ritual especially to bring these benevolent spirits towards the "light". Once this is done.. (other than the evil force) often if the home is cleared of such things; peace often prevail.

6. In Singapore, there are other situations. One of the more prominent one I mentioned has to do with the "Haig Road" case. Where, a former owner left a pair of qi lins and a buddha figurine...

7. When in doubt never bring back any so called "antique" item especially vase(s) that are at least 1 foot by 1 foot size or especially unknown history of a wooden antique cabinet.

8. Do your daily routine is fine for most people. And if in doubt avoid hanging a wind chime or a bell unnecessarily.

9. As I said earlier; we are scared of ghosts! But, look here, many of them are even more scared of us! And a normal human being's aura is good enough to "repel" such things. Unless, some one is "down and out" i.e. not such of no money or chased by the loan sharks; but rather.. some people's internal qi is "weak" or have bad luck!

10. Thus in essence; giving you a broad perspective: those that are "released" during the 7th month are low ranking or no ranking "ghosts" with no powers to "interupt" or creat havoc on earth.

11. And many of such "ghosts" or "spirits" are benevolent... and as I said, are more scared of us then the other way around!

12. Only do watch out their "BIG BOSS". But, hey, one hardly meet such things and usually; they already would already have their own "kingdom" and happily managing a group of "spirits" in some old homes.

13. Why call them BIG BOSS! Hey, have you ever seen big boss dirtying their fingers or hands directly? No rite? They get their "slave spirits" to do the bidding for them! Cheers!

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

1. No, a newly fired jars and purchased is of no issue.

2. The only issue lies is where for example; I had mentioned a real case of praying to a "Japanese god" in the form of bringing home a Japanese object in the shape of a casket.

3. In general, once such an entity enters a home;

4. It (or this entity)then can hide in such places and one of the easiest or most popular items is a vase or say a jar.

5. For example, how many of us seen those Shaw Studio movies of "spirits" captured and contained in jars. These things in my opinion, does really happen.

6. As I mentioned if one does not bring in such things or family members don't bring them in to pray etc... the chances of getting hit by lightning has a higher probability!

7. In today's world; it is considered statistically that it is even safer to fly in an aeroplane than moving in a vehicle!

8. By the way.. let me show you what a "Big Boss" or satan's right-hand person looks like! You will be amazed!

• Staff

1. Further to what I had mentioned; they are real life another sort of spirit(s).

2. There are geniune stories of situations where a person or child has been saved by either the warnings or "help" by guardian angels!

3. Hey! If there is ebony.. there must be ivory! In our world we have black and white. So why not "guardian angels or spirits". Black = satanic forces and White? = The Good.

4. Look at it his way: many of us are so afraid or even phobic about spirits entering our home! What if: it is a good guardian angel spirit that comes into our home and "bless our homes".

5. Haha! Again, frankly, statisically, rare. Alreadly, many psycholocially invite e.g. Goddess of Mercy into "our homes". Isn't this; to some as good as the "real thing". Hahaha...

• Staff

1. Look at it this way! Even a "spirit" would love to live in a spacious or not so crammed environment.

2. Tell me: would one prefer living in a bungalow or out on the streets? Usual bamboo poles are pretty thin! Perhaps less than 1 inch diameter?

3. Morale of the story? Even spirits: good or bad: have fine taste or good preferences.

4. The only difference is that we in Singapore are so blessed in living under a concrete or re-inforced concrete home(s). While many of us would feel "inferior" if we were to stay in many of the "wooden" homes in the US! or Homes that were built with wooden frame structures and plywood!

5. Here, I strongly belief: spirits would prefer the wooden home vs our concrete and hot humid climate! Cheers! Oops! You live in the Philipines and I hope it is not a "wooden structure" hahaha..

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

These pictures give further illustrations to the unknown world of spirits or ghosts....

On 8/9/2010 11:53:25 AM, Anonymous wrote:
1. Look at it this way! Even a
"spirit" would love to live in
a spacious or not so crammed
environment.
2. Tell me: would one prefer
living in a bungalow or out on
the streets? Usual bamboo
poles are pretty thin! Perhaps
less than 1 inch diameter?
3. Morale of the story? Even
spirits: good or bad: have