About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Install a partition

myfs_147379

Hi, My new condo main door is facing directly the bolcony full height window. I indent to fix a tinted black glass partition
(same width as main door and full height to ceiling) between them.
My queries:
a. Is it recommended to place a glass partition between them as glass in feng shui is water?
b. If I place a wooden partition, does it need to be one solid block partition? Can I have certain see through design pattern on the wooden block?
c.Is the partition need to be full height to the ceiling?
Best wishes
Elvin Ng

Sponsored Link

• Staff

These are some of the considerations:-
1. A partition need not necessarily be "air-tight". Many acceptable partitions have see through design.
2. Often it is considered not to use reflective glass facing the main door for two reasons:-
2.1. Symbolically, if the glass is highly reflective and facing the main door; one may inadvertently "reflect one's weath" out of the main door.
2.2. For some, when opening the door, one can see one's reflection (shadow) on the partition and some may think that there is "someone" in the apartment.
2.3. Often, some may use sand-blasted or opaque film at the main door side. While the inner side can still be a reflective surface.
3. For asthetic reasons, usually the partition should roughly be at least as high as the door frame. Often, it need not be full height as some want some light to flow from the ceiling area towards main door area.
4. Usually the partition should cover all the width of the door. For example if the door has only one leaf, then it is best to have the door cover the entire door. If the door has two leafs: 1 big door and a smaller side panel, then covering the 1 big (main) door is good enough.
5. Based on Feng Shui ruler dimensions, usually most partitions should be approximately 42 inches. While some others can be 49 3/4 inches.
6. Although from the floor to the height of the partition frame can be made Feng Shui ruler friendly, but often this is less of an importance.

On 12/12/2010 5:45:42 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Hi, My new condo main door is
facing directly the bolcony
full height window. I indent
to fix a tinted black glass
partition (same width as main
door and full height to
ceiling) between them. My
queries:a. Is it recommended
to place a glass partition
between them as glass in feng
shui is water?b. If I place a