About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Why only roosters

sun888_99

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,
1. Perhaps is it because the Chinese husbands are afraid of being hen-pecked? *JOKE*
2. In my opinion, this is not true. Many Chinese wifes often buy chickens without emphasis on whether they are hens or roosters. Some even have preference for eating hens than roosters.
So, far, not yet. I yet to see a Chinese lady hold up a chicken and look closely at its head or start prodding it's backside to find out if it is a hen or rooster.
3. But I have read that some Chinese chefs are particular about the age of the chickens.
I read recently that some Chinese chefs who had opened a famous Chinese eatery servicing `Hainanese chicken' found the chickens not suitable because they were slaughter `too early'.
In addition, some of us consider the term `chicken' to mean a coward, there is another meaning to this.
Perhaps, from another perspective, we can see why `ladies' do not like to associate with chickens ("lady chics" or "hen"). Locally, one should never call a lady or girl a `chicken' or in romanized form `Ji'.
To add insult to injury a `chicken' is equated to a `prostitute'. Perhaps is this the reason why Chinese ladies do not like to eat the hen (chicken)?
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 11/10/99 3:02:02 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear cecil,
I read somewhere that chinese
people don't like to eat hen.
They like to eat only
roosters. Is it true. Thanks.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net