About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Garage Door Facing the Stairs (PLS Help).

Cecil Lee

• Staff

These are some of the considerations:-
1. Do you think a person or individual or a "normal" human being has how many mouths?
2. Determine where is the frontage of the home and back of the home. Then:-
2.1 In my opinion, based on the layout plan; the mouth of your home seems to be at Marking in purple "A". This could most likely be the frontage of the home. (One never know; marking in RED, "B" could maybe be the facing direction - instead of at the purple "A".)
3. But nevermind, we are not directly looking into the facing and sitting direction.
4. Assuming that marking in purple "A" is the facing and mouth of the house;then as mentioned under Para 1; above; this house should have only one proper mouth.
5. Thus, the garage door in this instance should not be considered as the mouth of the house. If so, there should not be an issue with the garage door facing the internal staircase.

On 2/8/2011 7:52:53 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Master LeeI've read
several feng shui websites
including this forum that Main
door facing directly to the
stairs is inauspicious due to
fact that Chi will not settle
down it will rush up
immediatly upstairs.My
question is how about the
Garage Door (Not the Main
Door) facing directly to the
Stairs, is this consider also
inauspicoius? Hope for your
generous advise and
explaination.Pls find
Attachment.Thank you. :-)

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Frankly, please re-read my earlier reply.
The clue (I repeat) again is : How many mouth does a home have?

On 2/9/2011 12:24:19 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Master LeeI've read
several feng shui websites
including this forum that Main
door facing directly to the
stairs is inauspicious due to
fact that Chi will not settle
down it will rush up
immediatly upstairs.My
question is how about the
Garage Door (Not the Main
Door) facing directly to the
Stairs, is this consider also
inauspicoius? Hope for your
generous advise and
explaination.Pls find
Attachment.Thank you. :-)

Dear Master Lee
I've read several feng shui websites including this forum that Main door facing directly to the stairs is inauspicious due to fact that Chi will not settle down it will rush up immediatly upstairs.
My question is how about the Garage Door (Not the Main Door) facing directly to the Stairs, is this consider also inauspicoius? Hope for your generous advise and explaination.
Pls find Attachment.
Thank you. :-)

• 7 years later...
On 2/9/2011 at 11:20 PM, myfs_147846 said:

Dear Master Lee
I've read several feng shui websites including this forum that Main door facing directly to the stairs is inauspicious due to fact that Chi will not settle down it will rush up immediatly upstairs.
My question is how about the Garage Door (Not the Main Door) facing directly to the Stairs, is this consider also inauspicoius? Hope for your generous advise and explaination.
Pls find Attachment.
Thank you. ?

garage_door_facing_the_stairs.jpg

Hi Master Lee,

I have attached a floor plan, can you help me point out what's wrong with it? 

Thank you.

IMG_20180908_222405.jpg

21 minutes ago, Cecil Lee said:

What if everyone also posts their layout plans with the same one liner? LOL Next!

Hi Master Lee,

I wanted to ask if I have to put wall instead of wall ballustrade? When opening the main door I can see straight the stairs. Is there any remedy with my stairs? Please help me, thank you.

Edited by Jazz
Wrong spelling

• Staff

Ok, at least now I am clear of what you are asking.

Not just throw me layout and...

Either entrances via Red and Yellow.. there is no Shapes and Forms issue or concern.

032FF56C-170D-459D-9683-4C48FB8C6B3B.jpeg

Frankly, you have be more to the point. All I see is one straight wall. Unless stairs 1 to half of 5 is open? But it says plaster wall...full wall or half wall? Cover the stairs rail or can see the stairs steps?

Even a photo can tell a thousand words...thus please try to communicate clearly.

Please be specific to avoid a misunderstanding and wrong advice! 

2 minutes ago, Cecil Lee said:

Either entrances via Red and Yellow.. there is no Shapes and Forms issue or concern.

Hi Master Lee, 

I apologise for my question earlier. Thank you for your reply.

One more question,main entrance is yellow arrow. Should I request the builder to placed a wall to hide the stairs? I read one article that staircase should not be seen or faces away from the main entrance door? 

Please help as I am confused. Thank you in advance.

IMG_20180909_171652.jpg

38 minutes ago, Cecil Lee said:

Frankly, you have be more to the point. All I see is one straight wall. Unless stairs 1 to half of 5 is open? But it says plaster wall...full wall or half wall? Cover the stairs rail or can see the stairs steps?

Even a photo can tell a thousand words...thus please try to communicate clearly.

38 minutes ago, Cecil Lee said:

Hi Master Lee,

Yes, stairs 1 to 5 is half plaster wall and I would like to request the builder to make it a full wall so the stair steps and rail cannot be seen from the entrance door. 

Should I  cover stairs steps and rail with full wall? 

Thank you

IMG_20180909_173754.jpg

• Staff

1. From a Feng Shui point of view, one school of thought is that so long as the stairs shaded in green is not seen, no issue with the staircase. Thus a wall or even a small display cabinet can be placed at the shaded area in Yellow.

2119677475_casestudy2.png.fc536a45428cb38451d571cb46cd97d1.png

2. However, majority of the Feng Shui community is concerned that any part of the steps leading towards B should not be seen. Thus a wall should be built all the way down to the last step:-

2049259963_casestudy1.png.831a8a24b53b14608ef8db345cdb9436.png

2.1. Majority of the Feng Shui community would recommend especially covering at least up to the steps and the railing. A full wall is preferred. But the area above the railing can be opaque glass or not necessary air-tight. But avoid reflective material facing the main door especially under the first illustration. 

1 hour ago, Cecil Lee said:

1. From a Feng Shui point of view, one school of thought is that so long as the stairs shaded in green is not seen, no issue with the staircase. Thus a wall or even a small display cabinet can be placed at the shaded area in Yellow.

2119677475_casestudy2.png.fc536a45428cb38451d571cb46cd97d1.png

2. However, majority of the Feng Shui community is concerned that any part of the steps leading towards B should not be seen. Thus a wall should be built all the way down to the last step:-

2049259963_casestudy1.png.831a8a24b53b14608ef8db345cdb9436.png

2.1. Majority of the Feng Shui community would recommend especially covering at least up to the steps and the railing. A full wall is preferred. But the area above the railing can be opaque glass or not necessary air-tight. But avoid reflective material facing the main door especially under the first illustration. 

Hi Master Lee,

Thank you so much for your detailed explanation. 

If I requested a full wall but the first floor has a window, will it be an air-tight type staircase?

Otherwise, I will cover at least up to the steps and the railing and the area above the railing will be an opaque glass if it's preferable. Thanks in advance ?

IMG_20180909_192513.jpg

• Cecil Lee locked, unlocked and locked this topic