About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

[11.] Chinese Altar: Where should I Place My Altar Table

myfs_148838

• 2 weeks later...
Sponsored Link

• Staff

Overall, if one does not have a Guan Kong figurine, the best choice is MARKING "B".
It also depends on factors like what type of God, deity &/or Ancestor?
Note: Marking in BLUE "C" should also be considered as last resort or not feasible if one places a real altar table that is around 2 foot length (a real squeeze). However, if it is those "hanging" type with a small foot-print; then maybe, just may be...
The best locations are: A or B.

On 2/10/2011 5:08:41 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Hi Master Lee,Please advise
where my altar table should be
place. Thanks

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

Further to what I had mentioned:-
1. Why is Marking "B" considered the best choice?
1.1 If we are considering the only deity known as Guan Kong (Gong); then this warrior holding a long shaft bladed knife is best to face directly the main entrance door.
1.2 For other gods e.g. Guan Yin and ancestor tablet; it is not compulsory for them to face the main entrance door.
1.3. Look at the illustration. Just visualise if we were to place the deity figurine at marking A. Most likely we are not closing the kitchen door or sometimes, we don't even have a kitchen door. At marking A, the altar or a deity on this altar can see into the kitchen; and most likely can also see the kitchen stove and hob.. This is not advantages.
2. Thus, marking B seems to be the best position. As this position can be considered as "Standing Guard" at the entrance.
2.1. Just imagine you have guards guarding the Istana entrance. And for many Singapore Minister's home; you can always find a small guard room just outside the main entrance.
2.2. Thus if one looks carefully at marking "B"; the deity is also (like) standing guard outside the entrance; of the passage-way leading into the bedrooms. The deity is not meant to look inwards into what one is doing in the bedroom.
2.3. Thus, the whole region where I highlighed in YELLOW with a RED X where the proposed the television living room is;
2.4 just imagine; if we were to place a deity there, it may "peep" into our bedroom(s); see "strange activities" ; can also "look into the toilet"... sometimes; if we look closely later into the eyes of the deity; it may always end up getting "sore eyes" just looking at our human activities.. eg. . naked, love-making etc... etc...
2.5 Thus it is always not favourable to place an altar facing TOWARDS bedrooms or toilets where we may roam.. or ROMP! whatever!

On 2/19/2011 11:07:00 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Overall, if one does not have a Guan
Kong figurine, the best choice is
MARKING "B".It also depends on factors
like what type of God, deity &/or
Ancestor?Note: Marking in BLUE "C"
should also be considered as last resort
or not feasible if one places a real
altar table that is around 2 foot length
(a real squeeze). However, if it is
those "hanging" type with a small
foot-print; then maybe, just may
be...The best locations are: A or B.On
2/10/2011 5:08:41 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Hi Master Lee,Please advise
where my altar table should be
place. Thanks

• 7 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Master Cecil,

After reading through all your posts on Guanyin altar placements, there are only two possible options for me. Which is the better option ? A or B ?

a) In the living room side feature wall, just above the TV, statue's back to the bedrooms. This will be a small suspended altar.

b) In the study room, statue facing east, southwest sector of the house. I read somewhere that the altar should not lie in the southwest and northeast sectors of the house. Is this true ? This will be on top of my book shelf. No space for an altar. Also, my mentally handicapped sister will be sleeping in this room for about 2 months a year.

Thank you.

Regards,

Rachel

• Staff

A. May be preferred. But no one should sleep exactly behind the same wall as the altar even if it is raised - up.  And another concern may be the noise from the TV set. Sometimes it may be better to be at the sofa side... even if it faces the “bedrooms”. Thus placed closed to the balcony side (if any) or living room windows.

B. NE and SW significance...

Hi Master Cecil,

Thanks for your prompt response.

A. Next to the balcony, guan yin backs the east, in the southeast sector of my house, which is my personal wealth sector. Should be good ? Problem is have to keep bedroom and bathroom doors closed at all times, and be careful of my curtains. This also means my family will sit just next to guan yin watching tv together ?

B. Oh dear! My condo is located at NE of the temple. Will placing guan yin at SW of my house deflect Sha qi from the temple ? My unit is mid floor > L4.

1. If place guan yin at southeast, means have to buy green or brown statue to coincide with wood ? 

2. Is it OK to place on white / beige coloured altar, instead of the traditional rosewood ?

• Staff

1. More to do with the individual or if married couples their ba zi elements to see a preferred Guan Yin figure.

1.1 Unless one is going to be “married” for life to the same home.. then can do do. Else foolish to buy a Guan Yin based on just that home’s placement direction.

1.2 In Singapore, most young couples do change or upgrade a home several times. Do how’s your logic for this? Especially if the future direction may differ from this home that you are talking about.

2. There can be differences in opinions. Some is based on common sense. Some based on preferrences.

2.1 As through the years, some are horrified or felt that it is a stigma to use white. And or some feel that it can easily turn yellowish thru time due to the burning of incense.

• Like 1

• Cecil Lee pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...