About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Element Colors and its composition.

myfs_147846

Dear Cecil
First of all Im very grateful about this forum it helps a lot of people in applying traditional feng shui in our modern era.
1. My question goes this way -in feng shui the concept is the balance of the 5 elements and every element represents a color- i.e color black,
grey represents water, white gold for metal, green for wood etc...
2. If a wall is painted with white it now represents metal element.
3. What if a wood furniture (pinewood, maple etc) is painted with Black does it now represents water element? does the natural color or composition of the material is now neglected due to fact that it is being painted Black. Example2: What if a Silver coin is being painted with red does this now represent a fire element neglecting the metal nature on it? Example 3: what if a water is taintedwith all red does it still be a water element or thereis a combination of fire and water element on it?.
4. Lastquestion Sir, doesan Element can be altered by simply changing its color? or the composition is the one were taking into consideration in which element does it belongs.
Thank you.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

These are some of the considerations:
1. Yes, this is a good direction. As in the past, I had mentioned that one of the lowest common denominator is the Five Elements Concept. The lowest is: Taiji and Yin and Yang concept.
2. However, when deciding what element an item or wall or feature is; still needs "JUDGEMENTAL SKILLS" and SUBJECTIVITY.
3. Why?
3.1. If the kitchen cabinet made of wood or even particle board or laminate or recycled material is covered by; the surface area - texture and colour will often determine what the element COULD be.
3.2. Thus if the entire or majority of the kitchen cabinet is in say BRIGHT YELLOW; then yellow = earth element. Thus if the kitchen cabinet is in say green laminate: it could be considered as the wood element. Thus if the kitchen cabinet is covered by ORANGE colour; the orange colour represents the metal element.
4. White can or may be considered as belonging to the metal element AND/OR a NEUTRAL colour. Frankly, there is no right or wrong in this assessment.
5. However, more SPECIFIC OR DISTINCT SHAPES LIKE A TRIANGLE PYRAMID e.g. a block of wood shaped in the form of a triangle.
5.1. Since the shape is so distinct; sometimes even if it is entirely carved from a solid piece of wood; many of us would still "SEE" this TRIANGLE, pointed shape or rather our mind would register this MORE DISTINCTLY than it being literally a piece of wood.
5.2. Thus, if we were to sample people for their answers; I believe, many would "look thru" the wood and say that it is a pyramid or a triangular shape. Triangle shape is the fire element.
6. Therefore, if the shape is so distinct; you can have more than one answer depending on how one see's the item!
7. As I mentioned like so many other messages; there truly is no right or wrong answer! It is how each of us see's the item and allow our mind to see what is more important!

On 3/20/2011 4:46:23 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear CecilFirst of all Im very
grateful about this
forum it
helps a lot of people in
applying traditional feng shui
in our modern era.1. My
question goes this way
-in feng shui the
concept is the balance of the
5 elements and every element
represents a color- i.e color
black, grey represents
water, white gold for metal,
green for wood etc...2. If a
wall is painted with white it
now represents metal
element.3. What if a wood
furniture (pinewood, maple
etc) is painted with Black
does it now represents water
element? does the natural
color or composition of the
material is now neglected due
to fact that it is being
painted Black. Example2: What
if a Silver coin is being
painted with red does this now
represent a fire element
neglecting the metal nature on
it? Example 3: what if a water
is taintedwith all red
does it still be a water
element or thereis a
combination of fire and water
element on it?.4.
Lastquestion Sir,
doesan Element can be
altered by simply changing its
color? or the composition is
the one were taking into
consideration in which element
does it belongs. Thank you.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

DearCecil
Thank you for your honest and quick reply, the reasons I ask this question is that in the Flying star sample report found in your forum their are untimely star that needs to be weaken, in the proposed solution in each analysis it is mentioned what element you introduce to weaken a bad star combination, i.easide from the pendulum clock, 6 coins toweaken 5=earthI was thinking of colors of furnitures, closets, cabinets doors etc depending on the flying star that needs to be weaken or enhance.
Thank you!