About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Career advice needed for Wood element

myfs_146948

Hi Master,
I am a tiger born in 1986. I understand that I am a weak wood and have not been in the good books of boss since I started, no luck with boss.
I am currently doing HR in Biomedical Sciences, and wonder which element is it under? Wood? Water?
I saw from your recommended table that Manufacturing is under Water and Engineering in under Wood, will the different type of manufacturing(example manufacture micro chips) and engineering(electronics) mean that they are under Metal element instead?

Sponsored Link

• Staff

1. In the past; "posting" a career into one of five elements seems pretty straightforward.
2. Today, the closest concepts are based on Management principles and techniques to analyse careers.
3. Thus, the most logical way to dissect or analyse careers is based on a subject or elective known as "Strategic Planning".
4. Under, Management and sub-subject: Strategic Planning; all jobs can be broken down into:-
4.1. The Industry
4.2. Your core job function
5. Even trying to analyse which industry a specific field is in; is also to see what is it's core objective.
5.1. I may be wrong, but in my opinion, biomedical sciences should be considered as trying to find innovative methods for treatment or cure(s) of diseases. Thus"innovation" seems more in-tune with the Wood element.
5.2. Therefore, in my opinion, if one is doing RESEARCH then naturally, it is also wood element.
5.3. Frankly, even for biomedical sciences: I am sure that there is the research department; and some other departments e.g. Merck Pharmaceuticals may manufacture mediciines.. If manufacturing, then manufacturing is considered as the Water element.
5.4. Hmm.. Human Resource : In general, if one talks about recruitment or employee relations; then it has been classified under the Earth element.
6. Look at it this way, long time ago when I studied a general MBA degree; our course has many modules and electives.
7. What the entire course is suppose to do is to arm an MBA graduate with an understanding of key functions in the company: Accountancy & Finance; Operations Management; Human Resource & Organisation Conflicts; Marketingetc..
8. But as a CEO, one has to look at his/her core job function. Ultimately, the CEO's job is to grow the companyand do strategic planning. Thus, a CEO's core job functionshould be Wood element.
9. While a CFO, is more into Accounting and Finance thus Metal element; even though a CFO oftencovers the CEO when he is notaround in many organisations.
10. Overall, if one is still confused with one's job function; this means that the person is most likely getting "AIDS". Acquired Income Deficiency Syndrome". That means your company takes you as a jack of all trades andyou have to handle every little thing in the company.

On 3/28/2011 10:54:25 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Hi Master,I am a tiger born in
1986. I understand that I am a
weak wood and have not been in
the good books of boss since I
started, no luck with boss.I
am currently doing HR in
Biomedical Sciences, and
wonder which element is it
under? Wood? Water?I saw from
your recommended table that
Manufacturing is under Water