About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Car Plate Number-Strong Earth Ram

myfs_148843

Dear Master Cecil,
These are my question:
1. I have a Chinese friend who is in the business of transportation (Taxi and Bus), he always requested a plate number without number "4" in it. Is it helpful for his business? Or he always requested to shuffle numbers "1" "6" and "8" from his requested plate number.
2. In addition, I am also starting a transportation (Taxi Business) and if its ok to know if this business appears to be ok with me because I find the business very profitable? Im a strong Earth Ram.
Hope to hear from you soonest and I really appreciate and enjoy reading discussion on your site.
More power!
Best regards,
Aries

Sponsored Link

• Staff

1. If your Birth Element is a Strong Earth

Your Favourable Elements/Colours are: Metal (white/gold), Wood (green/brown), Water (blue/black/gray)

• Unfavourable Element/Colour: Fire (red), Earth (yellow)
  • Wealth Element/Colour: Water (blue/black/gray)
    Reference:http://talk.geomancy.net
    Since you are a strong earth person, thentransport comes under wood element: which is considered as a suitable element toyou.
    2. There are previousresouces on why many Chinese avoid or select certain numbers:-
  • 2.1 Don't like number "4". As under the Cantonese dialect 4phonetically sounds like "die" or "death".This is why your Chinese partner never likes to have numbers with 4 in them.
    2.2. Number "8" in Cantonese dialect phonetically sounds like "prosperity".
    2.3. Number "6" in the Hokkien dialect phonetically sounds like "Luck"
    2.4. Number "1"; Usually this number inMandarin slang means "yao". Thus it often is added to other numbers especially before number "8".
    2.4.1. For example, whenone of theSingaporeCasios chose a time to open for business, they chose 1118HRS which phonetically sounds like: Yao, Yao, Yao Fa = Will, Will, Will Prosper!
    2.4.2. When choosinga timeto openthe door of a new home for the first time; some choose timings like8.18 am which meansProsper;will Prosper!

Note: The largest community of Cantonese outside of mainland China is in Hong Kong; which is close to Guandong province. Favourite number is "8". And they hate number "4's".
    While the largest community of Hokkiens outside of mainland China is in Singapore. They migrated from Fujian province. Which is famous for the "Iron Buddha tea". Their favourite number is "6'. (Unlike Christians who fear 666 = devil's number. Hokkiens like 6, 66, 666 or 6666 also can.
    Phonetically; other favourable Mandarin numbers include "9" = longevity. "3" sounds like "mountain and up" or progress. "1" in Mandarin slang is "will" or "going to" or "sure".. sort of thing..
    Hope that helps; one understand the significance of these numbers.

On 4/17/2011 11:45:14 AM, Anonymous wrote:
    Dear Master Cecil,These are my
    question:1. I have a Chinese
    friend who is in the business
    of transportation (Taxi and
    Bus), he always requested a
    plate number without number
    "4" in it. Is it helpful for
    his business? Or he always
    requested to shuffle numbers
    "1" "6" and "8" from his
    requested plate number.2. In
    addition, I am also starting a
    transportation (Taxi Business)
    and if its ok to know if this
    business appears to be ok with
    me because I find the business
    very profitable? Im a strong
    Earth Ram.Hope to hear from
    you soonest and I really
    appreciate and enjoy reading
    discussion on your site.More
    power!Best regards,Aries

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Dear Master Cecil,
    Thank you for your prompt answer to my questions. I like cars and I enjoy maintaining it and I have chosen to put up transportation business (taxi) and I am so happy and glad that it favors my
    Bazi. My trade name is Andrea 168 and from now I will avoid number 4 on my plate number.
    Your site is very educational, professional and informative.
    More power and soon I will avail your paid service.
    Best regards.
    Aries

• Staff

Good Luck in your new venture!
    Just to clarify number "4" is subjective. As mentioned earlier; this number does not appeal especially to the Cantonese dialect group of the Chinese.
    In China, today especially in Beijing and/or Shanghai; where there are few Cantonese and for the communist period till now; they don't seem to have any adverse thinking towards the number "4".
    This is why; I call the number "4" pretty subjective number.
    However, in the Far East; where supersititions strive and there is a large pool of Cantonese speaking Chinese; even in your country, Singapore, Malaysia; number "4" ain't so good a number. Hope you know what I mean...

On 4/17/2011 12:40:17 PM, Anonymous wrote:
    Dear Master Cecil,Thank you
    for your prompt answer to my
    questions. I like cars and I
    enjoy maintaining it and I
    have chosen to put up
    transportation business (taxi)
    and I am so happy and glad
    that it favors myBazi. My
    trade name is Andrea 168 and
    from now I will avoid number 4
    on my plate number.Your site