About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Main Gate vs Main Gate

myfs_149996

Dear Sir,
First of all, thank you that I finally found this great forum.
This is my very first post in this forum.
I need some advice regarding my warehouse main gate.
I am planning on building a new warehouse with the main gate located at the center . The problem is that my main gate (10 metres W &3,5 metresH) will be facing directly with the neighbor's main gate.
To be more precise, it will be my main gate vs their main gate.
In this case, would it be a feng shui problem to me since my company is generally a small company and their company is a huge company?
Or in fact, in this case it would be a good feng shui for me?
Should I reconsider about moving my main gate to left or right side a bit to avoid their main gate?
But, I really love to have my main gate at the center of my whole land actually. So, this moving option is going to be my last choice.
Do you have any other suggestions for me?
I really need your help....
Thanks a lot.
Regards,
David

Sponsored Link

• Staff

These are some of the considerations:
1. Contrary to whatever belief that one has; it does not mean that it is considered inauspicious to have main gates of "properties" be it one large or huge facing a puny or tiny next door building that may not be that large.
2. Don't ever be mistaken that this equate e.g. a BIG fat mouth trying to swallow a SMALLer piece of land or building. Nothing of this sort!
3. In fact, one plus point in such an arrangement is that there will be little or no likelyhood of the REAL threat such as a lone lamp-post or a sign post or even a tree trunk from the opposite side "sliding" towards one's main gate area.
4. Although shifting the main gate has certain advantages;if the main road or service road is narrow; having main gates not directly facing each other; here is a plus point, no doubt about it.
6. If you really want to change the main gate; then you should also follow the guideline, below. The guideline is universal and also applies to make sure that if one changes the main gate entrance area; it also does not get affected by external threats.
http://www.geomancy.net/wiki/Poison_Arrows
7. Generally, if you love to move your main gate to the middle; one has to remember to check on the above concerns as well as how the flow traffic flow from the main road towards the interior property as well as "shapes and forms" with regards to where is the main entrance of the building.
8. Based on Shapes and Forms Feng Shui; best that the main gate does not open directly towards themain entrance (office main walk-thru area) to the warehouse building.
9.1 As mentioned, if the main gate is opened all the time; the main entrance may be vulnerable to what could be facing it.. any form of poison arrow(s) be it again a tree trunk on the opposite side of the road or a lamp post or a street sign or even any other pointed roofts of the other neighbour.
10. Sometimes; one may/could/should think of this maxim "If it ain't broken, don't, fit it".
11. You can read up an example of how sometimes changing the main gate MAY affect the way rain-fall drains off the property of your building / site / land:-
http://www.geomancy.net/wiki/Want_to_build_your_dream_home%3F
12. Again, in the above link, you will notice that it is an example of a landed property. And for each site; drainage out of the property at the wrong location may have dire consequences.
13. In conclusion: if the main gate has been shifted to the middle of the property; and even if there are no immediate threats today facing the new main gate; but what about the future? If suddenly a street lamp or signage comes up? Does it mean that one has to continously monitor the situation or one day simply forget to do so...? In such a situation; perhaps your "David's" main gate facing a "Goliath or King Kong's" main gate ain't that bad rite?

On 5/23/2011 6:50:06 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Sir,First of all, thank
you that I finally found this
great forum.This is my very
first post in this forum.I
need some advice regarding my
warehouse main gate.I am
planning on building a new
warehouse with the main gate
located at the center . The
problem is that my main gate
(10 metres W &3,5 metresH)