About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Main Door / Facing Side of Home

Dear Robert / Cecil
This question has been asked before, but I still don't understand the reasoning - please indulge me.
I understand that the Flying Star numbers are based on the direction of the front/main entrance.
I struggle with this concept, because even though it is clear which is my main entrance door, I do not necessarily consider it the "front" side of my home (east 2), even though it fulfills most of your requirements for it to be so, i.e. it has the number next to the door; it is the only access point into the home for visitors etc. and it is the first side of the home that people see. However, architecturally it does not appear to be the front. What I consider the front, has a private patio (the people who live in the unit above me, have a balcony), there is an open flat area with grass and garden plants with a walll behind it. More importantly, the main living areas, e.g. main bedroom and living room (with sliding doors) are on this side of the building too, which is also why I consider it the front. Yet, because there is no main door through which you can enter on this side of the home, I am forced to "name" my facing side as East 2 where the main door is and not West 2.
Could you please explain to me why the main door is so important? I can understand it to a certain extent when plotting the period chart, I understand the importance less when plotting the mountain and water stars. Surely the water star and mountain star should be based on the front / sitting side of the home and not the main door? Or is this just one of those non-negotiable rules i.e. that is just the way it is?
Keeping the above in mind, where do I start looking for my four celestial animals from the Form and Shapes School point of view? Definitely the main door again? Or what is architecturally the front of the home? If it is the main door - would this be the main door to my home? Or the main electronic gate to our complex (for all 48 units).
I hope you will clarify this for me. I can't get off the starting blocks until I'm clear on it.
Kind regards
Toni

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Toni,
1. As you are aware, the key `ingredient' to Flying Star analysis is to determine the exact compass degree of the front door.
This is the traditional way to do Feng Shui not only from this site but any other sites practising traditional Feng Shui.
2. I have mentioned in a few earlier emails that for those who are more `creative' can if they want to find the frontage of their house and from here need not necessary use the `door' at this location but even windows. Or if they feel differently about which ever main door they think can be used.
This is usually where "most light comes" into the home.
3. There are some who like to impress their clients, can use such maverick way of determing the main door.
Here, one have to justify their actions to their clients. No one can stop anyone from practising methods that they feel like it or even want to be `different'.
It is thus up to their clients to `accept' such analysis (provided if they are even aware of what Flying Star is about). Else, doing such things is easy for the Feng Shui Practioner.
4. My belief is that if anyone wants to go out of the `beaten-track' to do their own method must first of all, have a proven record to so do.
The reason why many: Feng Shui Practioners / Masters and Grand Masters have continued to use the traditional method of locating the main door even if it is not the frontage is: If one uses another method, how do we thus find the `correct' main door.
Frankly it is easy to " disagree " with the Traditional method. But, can one come up with a `solution' or a standard to adopt.
For example, if we start to take the point where light filters into the house, and if the windows measures 10 feet or more, where then do we take degree as "the main entrance door". I feel that this is an important reasoning enough. Can you thus come up with a better solution that is acceptable by not all but at least most practioners?
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 11/14/99 9:21:41 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Robert / Cecil
This question has been asked
before, but I still don't
understand the reasoning -
please indulge me.
I understand that the Flying
Star numbers are based on the
direction of the front/main
entrance.