About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Does a Yin object in a 'bad' location suppress it?

Frase

It's generally agreed in Feng Shui that dead trees are a bad thing. In Shapes and forms Feng Shui, can you apply the directions and elements that also occur in Bagua Lo Shu? For Example: My kua number is 4, therefore southwest is a bad location for me. Does this also apply outside?
For example: Southwest is represented by the earth element. On my block of land, I have a large, dead tree in the southwest. Wood destroys earth, possibly weakening the influence of this negative direction? Or does that not apply because it is not relevant for the shapes and forms school? Would I be better to cut the tree down altogether?
Also, from a yin/yang perspective, does having a large yin object (Dead Tree) in a bad location suppress that bad location?
(Because we're often told never to put a Yang object in a bad location).

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Fraser,
Sorry for the late reply.
1. The Eight House Theory is not normally used external to the house. For example, it should not be extended outside the house.
2. The Eight House Theory as most of us are aware, is used to look at our personal best directions or suitability of a location / sector or house.
3. If one notice closely, one cannot link the Five Element Concept with the Eight House Theory.
4. Put it in another way, Eight House Theory has not direct link to the elements.
Contrast this to the Flying Star Theory. For example, Flying Star is always using the Five Elements relationship. Star 2 = Strong Earth. Star 6 = Strong Metal.
This is where Eight House is totally `blind' in this area.
5. On the issue of a dead tree. One therefore cannot say that since a dead tree is inauspicious, we can use it to neutralise our inauspicious sector.
6. A dead tree is indeed a dead or inauspicious tree. The rational is because, most likely (touch wood) there may be insects or worse still terminates that would `appear'. This is bad news.
7. A dead tree under the shapes and form is still in the inital stage not too bad if it is not broken eg. a tree stump. When it becomes a tree stump, it is symbolic of a blade or a poison arrow and this creates Sha Qi.
8. The Flying Star theory can be extended outside the house but not the Eight House Theory.
When it is extended outside the house, in Traditional Feng Shui one of the terms used by ancient Chinese Masters or Grand Masters is called " Farmer's Feng Shui".
Here it is not difficult to understand that in the past, China was an agricultural country. Feng Shui Masters in the past, often do Feng Shui for the farmers.
They look at the farm even water positions such as a pig style and pig water trough. The Flying Star Feng Shui is thus used to look at the interior and more importantly extended to the exterior.
This is where, you get quite close to the Shapes and Form where the Flying Star has water stars and mountain stars etc....
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 11/29/99 12:40:16 PM, Anonymous wrote:
It's generally agreed in Feng
Shui that dead trees are a bad
thing. In Shapes and forms
Feng Shui, can you apply the
directions and elements that
also occur in Bagua Lo Shu?
For Example: My kua number is
4, therefore southwest is a
bad location for me. Does this